1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

WDW Thread

Discussion in 'Worldwide Park Discussions' started by mrceagle, Nov 19, 2011.

1. mrceagle

mrceagle

Since Disney has become a strong topic within the Universal IOA thread I figured I'd start a thread so we can discus the Future of WDW and changes were like or dislike.
  2. canobie#1

canobie#1

I hate how they removed toon town. That was a tradition. :x
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SFNEKid15

SFNEKid15

I think it was a very smart move. The area will become 10x better when the exoansion is done.
  4. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Forum Leader

The new Story Book Circus area will still have the feel of Toon Town in many ways, so it be a total loss. I was fortunate enough to work with Imagineers on the Fantasyland expansion project, and all I can say is that no one will be disappointed!
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

To clear it up a bit it's Mickyey toon town fair. a shell of the toon town that was added into CA. but wen you really look at it what has been lost a few uninspired houses and the water play ship. coaster is staying with a slight retheme. the station is getting redone

In my mind the biggest lose form this project in my mind is Snow whites scary adventure. it is being removed for a fairy hallow meet and greet area and the 7 dwarfs are getting a coaster.
  6. SROS Master

SROS Master

It seems that Magic Kingdom is getting rid of their dark/spooky related rides(Alien encounter, Snow whites scary adventures). Haunted Mansion is their only dark ride left to have a spooky type theme and my favorite attraction at Magic Kingdom along with Space mountain.
  7. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

What i see is times are changing in theme parks in general, yes some classics get ripped out, some stay but you can not keep the same attractions as long as they have, people will get bored , year after year with little to no change. I rode Snow White in 09 and i did not like it at all, so to me no loss and I enjoy the snow white movie . I think some of the classic movies that made Disney what it is today should be revamped and new tech added to them or tear down old buildings and make new ones . Walt Disney was ahead of his time , so I do hope that stupid Stitch ride goes away it is pointless and stupid lol I honestly thought it was the worst ride in all of the disney parks, I rather do a meet and greet with princesses than ride that .lol

I think the cars race ride i forgot the name of it should eb removed thats a dumb ride too. I find antique cars more enjoyable than those or revamp the cars.
  8. SFNEKid15

SFNEKid15

In California they're getting a "Cars" ride thats similar to Test Track. If Test Track was in a different park like DHS, I would totally want a re-theme to that.
  9. SROS Master

SROS Master

Not a bad addition. Though I find Test Track a little overrated, but still a pretty cool ride.

Even worse than its a small world?!! I didn't think stitch was that bad. Yea stitch was a bit annoying at times, but those air blasters and some other high tech effects kind of made it up for that. It would have been a lot worse if the effects were significantly tamed down. Plus, there was no singing at all, unlike some of their other older rides. I am also very bummed out that they took out the old alien encounter theme. It would have been just as thrilling as Dinosaur and Tower of Terror. I wish Disney(or at least one of the Orlando and southern California parks) brings back an attraction like the alien encounter, including its thrills and chills. Magic Kingdom is hands down my least favorite of the 4 WDW parks(and one of my least favorite parks period), and their pointless alien encounter theme removal emphasizes it.

I have never ridden their Snow white ride, but saw a POV of the ride. The only interesting part was the witch, but the rest of the ride does not look that great.

I agree. The ride looks like it doesn't even belong there. Its like having an old not so great wooden coaster at Universal Orlando.
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

SROS Master - The magic Kingdom has been dumbed down so to speak a lot over the years. so yes the Mansion is the only spooky options within Magic Kingdom. Though there are a few spooky scenes in rides like Pirates and Splash mountain.

Dr. Gigglez - It's not as much that they are removing snow, though it was one of Walts actual concepted rides, it's the loss of a ride for a meet and great area. I enjoyed it but ti wasn't one of my favorite rides.

They actually have not torn down any buildings for new rides. they were rebuilt on the inside. Buzz light year used to be Dream flight and take flight, Stitch was Alien Encounter, Journey to Mars, and journey to the moon. Mickeys Phihemagic was once, Lion king live(pupets), and a 3D movie (take wing or something like that). but they were replaced with new attractions. While i understand a meet and great area is an attraction I personally miss turning a corner and seeing Mickey or another character. seems a bit cheating to just go to his house. Takes some of the fun out of it.

I agree Autopia is a waist of space. it's an attraction you can find at most any park. in fact it sees the same cars found on the Canobie 500 track.
  11. SROS Master

SROS Master

The problem with Pirates of the Caribbean and splash mountain in my opinion, is the obnoxious singing! Though Haunted Mansions singing was ok, because the song they sang was interesting.
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

I like the Pirates life for me song. though it is a bit repetitive. no were near as bad as Small World. Splash Mountain uses songs form the Song of the South movie. They can come across a bit dated.
  13. SROS Master

SROS Master

I am not a real fan of Disney, since I really don't care about their singing in general. The singing in pirates and Splash mountain in my opinion just wastes time, and a bit annoying.

I cant stand a split second of that horrible its a small world song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never ridden it, but saw a POV of it, and it looks, just, AWFUL!!!!!!! Just looking at that ride entrance in person makes me wanna burn that ride. I badly wanna change the theme into a death metal band, like Slipknot(which apparently would never happen, but man that would be hilarious).
  14. SFNEKid15

SFNEKid15

Theres a POV for It's a Small World! hahahaha :lol:
  15. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

went to Magic for the first time on my honeymoon. Didnt know what "Its a Small World" was....my wife convinced me to get on it.
    About half way through, the boat stopped moving forward. Another words, we broke down. Over 45 minutes in there with just that music blarring..."its a small world after all....

I am ruined for life :lol: