1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Wicked Cyclone Discussion/Status

Discussion in 'Ride Discussion' started by BizarroAj, May 20, 2015.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

When the weather gets really hot they have to change wheels and get the combination of wheels correct. Its tough to do while the park is in full operation as they would have to remove 1 train for a few days then the other.
  2. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

Was at park today ops totaly suck on the ride took forever to dispach one train at a time. Orange train vibrated like crazy and super loud conpaired to the blue train. Orange seemed to be slugish second part of the ride blue was hauling the whole ride. Ridden it 7 times today 3 orange 4 blue. Does anyone know if sfne can get new gen trains from rmc or they stuck with these ones
  3. dschu

dschu

The new generation trains having been having more issues than these. It’s so weird how temperamental these are. I haven’t heard about any other RMCs vibrating like ours.
  4. ec_coasters

ec_coasters

Storm Chaser and Joker did their first year but have been running amazing ever since.
  5. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

I always thought it was because the wheels were scraping paint of the tracks. That’s can’t really be the case now.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Rode the front on both trains and the orange train is running faster but they both make a vibration sound especially on the turns.
  7. ec_coasters

ec_coasters

Both trains were running pretty slow today and the blue train was making some awful scraping noises on the turns. After getting off Twisted Timbers last week it really just shows how poor this ride has been running. The difference between TT and this are night and day for me
  8. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

It’s amazing.... This ride has been open 4 years now for this point and it still doesn’t run consistently well. This coaster was in my top 3 at this time last year. Now I’m not even sure it’s in my top 5 anymore. And I’m riding 3 RMCs next week so it’ll probably drop even farther for me.
  9. chadwick1977

chadwick1977

I noticed vibrations at turns to, sounds awful, they need to look at that big time.
  10. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

As bad as Wicked Cyclone can sound at tikes, it at least always delivers an awdsome ride for me.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

I brought a friend a couple weeks ago and we rode nearly all the casters he really enjoyed the coasters especially Wicked Cyclone. It and superman were the only coasters we road twice.
  12. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Administrator Forum Leader

Yeah not sure why it's making the noise, but something is wrong, not sure what. Hope they can get that fixed, though with the noise its been giving great rides!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

Riding Storm Chaser today made me realize even more how bad WiCy is running right now.
  14. ec_coasters

ec_coasters

I'm riding Twisted Colossus next week and i'm interested to see how it's running
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

So when did Wicket Cyclone become the bastard Stepchild of SFNE. Seems every other post is someone whining about how the coaster is running. It's not going down for days on end like Boulder dash, it's not rating line Excalibur, it's not screeching so bad you can hear it like the entrance like the old cyclone did. Superman is as troublesome and rarely do I see a complain there.
    • Like Like x 2