1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Wildcat

Discussion in 'History of The Park!' started by CannonballLover, Jun 25, 2014.

1. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Anyone remember the old Riverside Wildcat where the water park is located today?
    [​IMG]
    It was an Anton Schwartzkopf model from 1970! It was identical to the Cedar Point ride that recently closed down!

Did you know it STILL OPERATES TODAY!?

Yup, the ride still operates today.

Also, did you know two people died on the Riverside Wildcat?

One died for not holding on.

This coaster was removed in 1982 (funny how Cyclone opened the next year...). After that, it was sold to Rocky Point and known as "Cyclone", where it closed with the park in 1995.

When the park closed, Sandspit Cavendish Beach in Canada purchased the ride, where it still operates to this day with the Rocky Point "Cyclone" sign.

Video:

[​IMG]
    Need more proof?
    http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/forums/roller-coasters-theme-parks/91159
  2. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Yes it was my favorite ride at riverside and my favorite ride at cedar point!
  3. canobie#1

canobie#1

^Wildcat at Cp was your favorite? haha
    Cyclone at Rocky point was always popular. Many people have great memories on that ride. But corkscrew, freefall and the flume were the real stars. That's all I ever hear about when people bring the park up.
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Wildcat had everything you could want in a coaster, theres not any coasters i have seen with 2 double helix's and is smooth as glass.
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

I never got on Wildcat at Riverside or Rocky point. They do look fun.
  6. Swissbob

Swissbob

Wildcat was great fun! But being a wild mouse the wait in line seemed to go on forever. Seemed like it was a lot faster than I'm seeing in those videos, but then again it has been decades since I rode that thing.