1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

10/28/12 - Closing Day :'(

Discussion in 'Trip Report Archive' started by xsarabella, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xsarabella

xsarabella

This day came way too fast. I'm still not ready to say goodbye! :cry:

Time in park: 12:15pm-3:30pm
    Weather: Cloudy, Cool, and at times Windy.
    Crowds: Very minimal, pretty much a walk on for just about everything.

Ride Count:
    Batman: 2x
    Bizarro: 2x
    Cyclone: 1x
    Pandy: 1x
    Mind Eraser: 1x

The longest thing I waited for today was for the locker attendant to come and unlock my locker at Batman, because the time expired. I missed it by 2 minutes, so I had to wait almost 15 minutes for the guy to come :|

As we got into the park, we headed down to Batman first, and I spotted Spencer working at his game :D
    Oh, and there was NO ONE in the south end of the park. Batman & ME were sending out completely empty trains. Crime Wave didn't have any riders until after 12:30. We walked on Batman - got right on, front row! It was really cold and the mist started to hurt a bit. But that's what closing day rollercoastin' is all about!

After Batman, we walked down to Bizarro, which had no line, yay! We got into the station and waited one train. I finally got my mom to try it out! She liked it, but it would have been better for her if it was warmer.

We then walked up to Scream, which was running 2 towers, but no combo mode so we skipped it.
    I met up with Larry & Tina at Goliath, which at the time had about a half hour wait, so I passed and wanted to go back later, but never made it.

Next up was Cyclone with AJ! Which was a walk-on, and running 1 train. Over the course of the season, I have had a change of heart about this coaster, But please, STOP THE SQUEAKING! :evil:

Afterwards, we rode Pandy! I love that little ride <3 I'm happy we have it, even though I don't get to ride too often because of lines. Next up was another ride on Batman, as Spencer H and his friend had joined us. And a quick walk-on ride of Mind Eraser.

Unfortunately it was now 3 o'clock and it was time... :cry: Time for #OneLastRide through the twisted world of our beautiful Bizarro! At the time, the wait was just inside the station. My final ride of the coaster season was with the one and only djcyberlegend! :p

Then it was time to say Hi/Bye to Jeff as he had just got to the park, and then I had to head off to work.

I really didn't want to leave. I hate saying goodbye to this place. I have to say that 2012 was amazing! I am forever grateful that I got to meet so many wonderful people through this site! We've had some amazing times, and I hold those memories very close to me. <3 I've learned so much this year, and my love for SFNE is just that much deeper! :D

I miss Bizarro already, it's gonna be a long five months...

I am really looking forward to everything 2013 has to bring! Time to start the countdown!
    Thanks for reading all my trip reports! Hope you all enjoy!
  2. speedygonzales

speedygonzales

Sara, nice report, & ditto on everything you said!

adios 2012 :(

2013 here we come :D
  3. Alex

Alex

Interesting trip report. You'd think that the park would be packed on closing day.

Now, we'll just have to see what the off season brings.
  4. speedygonzales

speedygonzales

I bet the storm & storm prep had A LOT to do with it!
  5. xsarabella

xsarabella

Yeah, I was surprised myself. I'm not sure how it was after but I'm happy that it was liks that, because I didn't have alot of time there and I did (almost) everything I wanted. Wish I could have gone on sexy beast one more time, and another ride on Tomahawk, and teacups. And I wish scream had been in combo mode. But I closed it out on Bizarro, so now regrets. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.