1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

10/3/15 Fright Fest

Discussion in 'Trip Report Archive' started by MarkIacino, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

First trip report so sorry if it sucks

Went to Fright Fest on Saturday and it was the best Fright Fest experience ive had in recent memory!

Got to the park at 4:30 to a 1/4 full parking lot! Walked in the gate around 4:50 and made our way to the Call of duty tent to get our wristbands. We get to the tent with a sign saying "be back at 5" so we decide to wait. 5:15 rolls around and this kid still isn't back so a manager comes over and literarily has to go page this dude like 5 times before he comes back. Got some skip the line passes out of it though that the manager said we could even use next season which was very nice.

After that whole fiasco we walk into a dead park, not one line in the whole place. Walk onto Goliath and actually had a very pleasant ride somewhere in the middle of the train. Then made our way to WC which had the only line in the park, 2 train wait but they were only cycling 1 train. The ride seemed as fast if not faster than the last time I was on it. I actually got some nice airtime on the last outer banked airtime hill.
    We then hit up Skyscreamer Backwards and it had a very long cycle, once at the top it was changing speeds which was pretty cool.
    Next was a quick walk on to Bizarro and by this time it was pretty much dark. The S Shields are in such bad shape but besides that it was a great ride as always and probably my last time as Bizarro!

On to the haunts:
    There was 0 line for any haunted attraction. The park was so dead that we really got to make our own groups so for all the mazes. We wernt all bunched up in one single file line like when its crowded. Having just 5 of your friends walking through makes it much much much better!
    Anyway, Midnight Mansion was first and was pretty much the same as every year. Pretty bland.

We then went down to the grove and went through Aftermath which I have never been through before. Pretty well done with some nice pop out scares. Id say it was the second best of the bunch.

Wicked Woods was next which was also in a new location since last time ive been which id say was the star attraction of their Fright Fest. It seemed like it had the most actors and might have been the longest one (or tied with Aftermath) I was pretty impressed but those bubbles at the end had my jeans all wet for the rest of the night haha.

Slasher Circus 3D.... Okay this was trippy! I seriously wasn't expecting the 3D to be that cool! No one really popped out at me or scared me but I was just so infatuated with seeing all the 3D effects I wasn't really paying any attention. Not long enough though.

Total Darkness was pretty lame so I tried to make it cooler. I was on the end of the rope so I just decided to close my eyes the whole time so it really was total darkness. Still wasn't scary. Lame. They gotta change this one up. Worst of the bunch.

Overall very good fright fest experience considering it only cost me the $5 for the Black Ops preorder!

PS. If you go to fright fest and don't get their kettle corn you really messed up. $8 for a huge bag of the best kettle corn ive ever had in my life. Its always the best part of the trip since I was a kid besides the roller coasters of course haha!
  2. mrceagle

mrceagle

Great trip report lots of good info. Glad you got to experience and share your thoughts on the Fright fest haunts.
  3. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

Forgot to mention that I rode Goliath again right before leaving and got the second row... worst ride ive ever had on it. Jackhammered my back into oblivion. Sucks that this ride is so hit or miss depending on where you get seated.
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Awesome report, i hope to get up there this weekend. :)
  5. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

How does the BO3 deal work?
  6. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

All you have to do is go to Game Stop and pre order a copy of Call of Duty Black Ops 3 and bring your receipt and ID with the name on the pre order with you to the park. You only have to put down the minimum which is $5 towards the game. Then right after you enter the park there should be a tent to your right. Go there and show them your receipt and ID and they will give you a wristband!

You can also just cancel the pre order and get your $5 back after if you want to.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.