1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

2017 Phoenix Phall Phunfest & Coaster Madness

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Meetups' started by djcyberlegend, Oct 1, 2017.

1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Anyone going to either or both? I will be at both this coming weekend...
  2. canobie#1

canobie#1

I'll be attending Friday night and Saturday during the day!
  3. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Won’t be able to make the Friday night segment of PPP but will be there on Saturday, with a small entourage, then heading to Allentown for Coaster Madness at Dorney the next day...
  4. canobie#1

canobie#1

I'll see you there then!

I'm picking up my friend from JFK Friday afternoon and heading to the park for the ERT even that night. I'll be at the park the next day til around 6 then were going to that crazy looking "Field of Screams" attraction by Harrisburg.
    The next day we are attending #Jewday at Hershey Park (No really, that's what its called) and leaving there around 4 to head up to Dorney Park for the Haunts.
    Monday we are gonna hit Coney Island!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

As much as i love knoebels i haven't gone to a PPP yet due to the story's i've heard about crowds.
  6. depotrat

depotrat

^We stopped going to PPP because of the crowds. Many years ago it wasn't too bad but the last couple we went to it was miserable with long lines. We started going on Sunday the day after PPP some years and it was so much better. This year we plan to be there the next weekend.

@canobie1 - don't know if you have been to Coney Island before. But if not, make sure you ride the Wonder Wheel. It is a very unique experience.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. msullivan1

msullivan1 Leader

I second the wonder wheel point. It’s a must do whenever I’m in the area.

As for pricing at Coney Island goes- it can get very expensive very quickly. Rides at Luna park are usually around 6 or 7 dollars each, with the Cyclone being around 10. If your only planning on riding a few rides, buy them individually, but if you’re going to be there for the whole day I would buy the all day bracelet which is around $70. It gets you unlimited rides on everything except the slingshot and the go karts.

Make sure to eat at Nathan’s and take in the atmosphere. It’s a great place that I know you’ll enjoy.
  8. depotrat

depotrat

And make sure you choose a moving car not a stationary car for the best experience on the Wonder Wheel.
    • Like Like x 1