1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

2018 Membership Options

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by Sluggo77, Feb 26, 2018.

1. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

Every since they introduced the memberships, it seems like (at least at Great Escape) the clientele has definitely gone downhill a bit, and myself and my group noticed this past season was definitely one of the worst. They might be getting more people through the gates, but it’s not enjoyable being with some of the people who don’t follow simple rules, can’t control their kids, scream swear words at their kids and their kids swear back, have inappropriate conversations in line, etc.

But on the flip side the memberships are a wonderful option for normal families who can’t bear the cost up front. I have a membership myself because it’s easier to pay monthly, but unfortunately some people are paying for memberships that shouldn’t be in the park at all.
  2. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

Honestly it would have been a dumb move to have said anything before the Labor Day sale. It would have seriously hurt their 2017 3rd quarter and entire year bottom line which would have looked terrible to the investors. How many season pass holders would just have waited until the Park was ready to open this year to sign up? I would think probably most. That would be a huge cash hit.

With that said I really hope they take care of those of us who did buy passes otherwise they’ll have the same issue this coming Labor Day.
  3. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

0B2F9D24-3AF1-4603-B409-A19EC2DB7BE3.png

Keep in mind, the chat above said they can NOT refund my season pass. But instead I can always become a member at any time.
  4. xsarabella

xsarabella

He originally said for Labor Day this year when the 2019 passes go on sale. They should have waited until then, is what he meant. And I agree, this should have become an option when the new passes would have gone on sale and avoided all of this unnecessary outrage from their loyal customers. An email to season pass holders, stating that there are changes coming later this year that we may consider before renewing our season passes will be available. The park should have given us notice. So waiting until the 2019 passes go on sale would have been the right move.
  5. chadwick1977

chadwick1977

I’m kinda confused with this ordeal right now, so I have my gold pass dining pass and I have a flashpass for the year, what does this all mean? I payed over $300 for this, can this be explained?
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  6. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Unless they refund my season pass or put it towards a membership, i'm just going to ride it out with my gold pass till they start selling the 2019 memberships. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. chadwick1977

chadwick1977

Does that mean we are considered low end on on the pole cause we’re gold and we are limited? They picked a bad time to do this.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

They are giving away the gate but Not for the full 15 years. around 2007 they upped the prices and value of the pass and it came back to bit them in the ass. But everything that lowers the value at SFI parks only helps those that compete.
    When I bought my pass it game me the option fo paying over time. and if you buy online an use a car you can pay over time your just stuck paying interest.
    yes if your not willing to pay through the nose to be a top tear member you are not as important as the ones that do. They are also saying your not even worth what you were in 2017. Most of the top end perks though are a bit pointless. even if I had the money I rather get a lower end option and spend the difference somewhere else.
  9. xsarabella

xsarabella

I’ve asked in the chat and also did a dummy transaction to test it: If you had thought about signing up for a membership & wanted to do it in a group to get the slightly cheaper rate & only pay 1 processing fee, you really can’t do it. When you sign up multiple memberships, you are responsible for making the payments on every membership with 1 card. So the only way to do that is if everyone in your group pays that 1 person each month until you cancel that membership after the first 12 months. Then after you cancel you’d have to sign up again and pay another processing fee anyway, defeating the purpose.

747B9B67-692C-4E64-84E1-5E0F599E204D.png
  10. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

Sorry you’re right I misread. This is definitely a rocky rollout but they’re a business so if they see a way to increase revenue they aren’t going to wait until Labor Day just to make us happy.
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

I'm sure this is great for a family but I know so many people that go in together to get the discounted rate on the group passes.

The only way a monthly payment makes sense to me is if I can only pay April to December and not pay for January through March when there is no park to use it on.
  12. xsarabella

xsarabella

Exactly my point. It’s very frustrating that there is no way to split the memberships off into their own individually. You can on a cell phone plan but not for six flags? What happens in the case that you buy multiple memberships and there is a break up or a divorce, or god forbid someone passes away? You have to pay for that membership until the 12 months are up and then cancel EVERYONES membership and start over without that person. Instead of that one person taking ownership of their own seperate membership.

Oh and I also just thought of something else; so say we bite the bullet and sign up for the membership, you have to add dining at the time of signing up to receive the discount. So for diamond elite, you get 50% off dining and it’s included in your membership price, but only when you sign up for your membership and it HAS to be the member dining one. You don’t get 50% off the season pass one and pay for it upfront. Sooooo that means if you are going to want dining with your membership for next year you have to sign up for it now and basically pay for another dining plan. Or cancel after 12 months and resign up with that dining plan - which I suspect the overall price will go up (for membership and dining plans too.) And then you have to pay another $10 processing fee when you resign up. Six Flags is really nickel & diming us!
  13. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

Make sure everybody tunes in to the Grove Show tonight ! We are going to be picking apart the memberships & Taking questions you have for the park! Announcement tonight from SFNEOnline !

14. mrceagle

mrceagle

SFI has been nickel and Diming us for years but No w its simply being taken to a whole new level. The $10 processing fee is also a joke. your doing it on line it costs them practically nothing to process the pass.
  15. koasterkid

koasterkid

Another thing, the discounts that they have for certain items, I am sure that those discounts are off the full price, not the discounted. Example: the dining pass is $210 normally but is on sale now for $93. I doubt they would give you 50% off the $93 which pretty much makes these “discounts” worthless. After you pay $200+ for a diamond elite pass and they offer you a one time funnel cake for $5 and a free icee upgrade seems laughable.

The preferred parking thing is cool, but you have to register the day before. Most of my visits are usually decided on the same day based on weather and potential crowds. I bet there is some fine print for the 2 exit passes per visit too. I think the passes they offered last year on sale are the best and I don’t think anyone should be upset.