1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Ace Great Nor Easter 2017 @ Canobie

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Meetups' started by DJReady999, Oct 20, 2016.

1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

One way or another Tina & I will be there, especially since we missed this past one...
  2. mrceagle

mrceagle

It will be nice to see you all.
  3. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Here's the latest email from Rus.

Happy New Year, Everyone!
    Our annual, off-season, ACE regional event will take place on Saturday, February 18, 2017, and
    Canobie Lake Park will be our host.

If you have a roller coaster video, slide show or other presentation you'd like to bring before the group, let me know. Invitations have been sent to nearly a dozen parks and a schedule will be put together after hearing from all those who will attend.

For our region's photographers, break out your favorite roller coaster photos for The Third Annual ACE New England Photo Contest! The same rules apply as those for the annual Coaster Con photo contest (see attached), and is open to the ACE members in our 6-state region (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island).
    Due to space limitations in the room we’ll be using at the park, only ACE members may attend this year – sorry, no guests. Car pooling is also encouraged.

So that we can plan ahead for lunch, be sure to reply if you will attend.

Also, I'm seeking a few volunteers to assist with check in, set up, clean-up and other 'organizational needs'.
    The event flier is undergoing review, and will be sent out soon.

I hope to see you there!
    See you in the queue,
    Rus
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

ACE Members Only, Well that sucks. So I have to sign up again and get little to nothign just to attend the only event I managed to attend in the last few years I held membership. Between 2006 and and 2014 I made it to zero regional events. I managed to get to a few media days which are also now limited and not a guarantee.
  5. depotrat

depotrat

^In their (ACE) desire to hold the event at many different parks, it seems that Canobie must not have a facility large enough to handle the number of attendees this event has been attracting (it has grown remarkably) the last couple of years - thus the limitation to members only to fit the facility. That is disappointing but I guess the alternative is to have it at SFNE more often, but who knows what their interest is in hosting more often.
  6. mrceagle

mrceagle

SFNE and LC's last 2 events coincided with the addition of a new coaster which drew more people. Canobie has always been a solid location but it doesn't pull like LC and SFNE.

I take ti you haven't been to a Canobie Nor Easter. the event is held in the park employee training room a small room on the second floor of the backstage employee area. It's likely similar to the employee room and ride conference room. There is a slightly smaller room downstairs they use for lunch.

The park has larger buildings but The bear lodge is open air and not suitable and the Dance hall has duct work for AC but there is no heater attached.
  7. koasterkid

koasterkid

I'm gonna try my best to go, hopefully I will be able to come home from school that weekend. I'll probably wait a little bit to rsvp to be sure I can go.
  8. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I'm going to try to make it up there this time. I didn't go the last time it was there but i went the other times and i do remember it being a small room. It was awesome to get the tour of the park and the behind the scenes tour of mines of lost souls. Do we know what canobie is adding for 17?
  9. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

At this point, nothing has been announced. I'll also be attending the event again this year. I hope to see some of you there!
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

The Mine tour was for the coaster Con not Nor Easter. They did no tour last time and the time before that was untamed construction tour so we walked the site and around to the employee path next to cannonball.
  11. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

No confirmation on this yet - but word on the street is that Edaville will be making a presentation at this coming Nor'easter...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. depotrat

depotrat

^Kersplash finally opening??? They bought it several years ago and it was assembled last year but looked like not real close to opening. Maybe 2017 will be the year.
  13. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

Unfortunately since guests aren't allow and my GF not having a membership I will not be attending. It might change within the next few weeks but as of this moment Its a no for me.
  14. dschu

dschu

Why don't you get her a trial membership? Only $20.
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

Edaville has opened a few attractions recently and has a Dark-ride planed for 2017. there is a wood coaster down the line maybe they already have a design for it.