1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

ACE Great Nor'easter 2015

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Meetups' started by djcyberlegend, Sep 16, 2014.

1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

^Thanks and we will credit you fully.
    Whats everyone looking forward to most, besides WC? I can't wait to see how they put this new sound system and SFTV throughout the park as well as how big the jumbo tron will be. :)
  2. Imaginos64

Imaginos64

Haha I thought the same thing after they announced they were giving the last one away. Oh well, they're still super rare and the money goes to a good cause.

I'm looking forward to the general park improvements. Better bathrooms, better audio, stuff like that.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  3. SteveSnowmn

SteveSnowmn

Free souvenir cup refills all season :cool:
  4. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Assuming you spend the $$ for the green cup, I mostly get water so it wouldn't be worth it for me.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteveSnowmn

SteveSnowmn

Is it going to be significantly more expensive than the usual cup? I love refilling soda all day when I go so it'll probably be worth it
  6. koasterkid

koasterkid

$20 for green, no brainer for $5 more. Although I think it will increase the likelihood of your bottle being stolen. I would deck it out in stickers and stuff.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Imaginos64

Imaginos64

Does anyone know if the cup deal is a chain wide promotion or just for SFNE? I could see that saving me some money but it would be even better if we could get a cup and bring it to the other Six Flags parks too.
  8. koasterkid

koasterkid

I am 99.9% sure its chain wide, I saw pics of it at other properties. Seems like an excellent deal. I think they make a lot on soda sales, seems weird for them to do this but I am in favor!

Surprised they didn't say anything about Media Day also, I hope they invite everyone that went and more!
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  9. Imaginos64

Imaginos64

I'm a little surprised too. I know soda is dirt cheap for parks and restaurants but like you said they must make a lot of money off of it. Maybe they figure free soda (When you buy the cup) will entice people to return to the park more often and spend money on other stuff like food and souvenirs.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. koasterkid

koasterkid

If anyone filmed that little Cyclone thing at the end, please post that. That had me laughing the whole time lol.
  11. RC17

RC17

That was probably my favorite part of the event.

The construction tour was awesome. I'm kinda bummed my raffle prize was a story land popcorn bucket.never even been there.
  12. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

If anyone has any pictures they want me to use in today's construction update, let me know! I'm writing it now.
  13. RC17

RC17

I'll post a trip report within the hour, feel free to use anything in it.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dschu

dschu

You were sitting right next to me, right?

Man I wish I got to stay for the tour and free SFNE stuff.
  15. RC17

RC17

@dschu yeah.
    I was a little disappointed we didn't get to go inside the stucture, but it was still a great event