1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Canobie Lake Park discussion

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by mrceagle, Oct 4, 2010.

1. canobie#1

canobie#1

2. msullivan1

msullivan1 Leader

Wow! What an extensive backstory!!!
  3. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

For a small, independent park like that I’m very impressed on the story and theme and detail going into the expansion.
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

Ya the park is pretty good about coming up with stories to go along with the attractions. look at all their haunts.

So glad to see an update.
  5. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

I got the chance to see the blueprints in color and in person and wow, the water park looks really good. Like they said, the goal is Memorial Day. I don't think it'll be ready by then. I'll be going back later this week and maybe I'll see some of the progress.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. mrceagle

mrceagle

I can see memorial day. This is a big project but to a point a simple one.
  7. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

It will be nice to see the finished product , though I’ll probsbly never go in it lol
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

I know i have used Castaway once and that was the last day of operation for the swimming pool. I made a point to use it before it was removed and I figured I'm already wet and in a bathing suit lets check out the play structure. I'll likely check out out ounce just to report on it and them never again.

I just hope we con't see another long stretch between this an another big addition.
  9. AMagicProd.

AMagicProd.

I just hope Canobie doesn’t start removing existing rides (like the corkscrew) and replacing that land/space with water park additions. I’m all for this expansion of Castaway Island, but let’s focus on the dry park now, it needs a new exciting addition as well... preferably not a flat ride
  10. canobie#1

canobie#1

In all reality the corkscrew will most likely be replaced with water park. If not half and half.
    Looking at the available space now, corkscrew really is hogging up a lot of potential space for a superior ride or rides.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

I think in the long run that will most likely be the case. The coaster dose little for the park as is. but if it's planed out right they can remove corkscrew, add water park expansion add a good size coaster replacement and maybe even one flat. I'm sure It will be a while. We'll see a couple fats before we see anything like a coaster a the park.

but I agree I would hate to see it removed and only become water park.
  12. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

This water park addition, while maybe not as beneficial to us, is needed beyond words.

I truly think the days of water park free amusement parks (sorry didn't know how to phrase it) is past its prime. Honestly, water parks are a huge draw to amusement parks now, maybe (dare I say) more than the rollercoasters.

Castaway Island NEEDED capacity. Wasn't an option.

However, I do notice the Boston Tea Party's line is gradually becoming nonexistent throughout the years. I wonder if this new water park expansion could spell doom for the attraction.

I'm aware this could be absolutely crazy to some people, but even on scorching hot days, most people (myself included), don't even ride the ride (an observation). It just gets you *too* wet and it ruins your shoes and clothes for the rest of the day, and I do hear people complain about it. I don't think I'm the only one with that opinion, but maybe I'm wrong.

That land could be extremely beneficial, but they need to put a ride that would fit the area and theme because Ye Olde Boston is GORGEOUS.

I also saw this video, and I can say Canobie hasn't really changed as much as I thought. It really kind of reminds me of Kennywood, sacrificing as few classics as possible and modernize as well. Stunning landscapes remain, and some of the rides look and seem to run BETTER now than in 1991.

13. DJddog5

DJddog5

I would love to see a Zamperla motocoaster there themed to Paul Reveure or maybe a S&S steepelcase.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

^
    I would love to see that as well !
    • Like Like x 1
  15. canobie#1

canobie#1

Boston Tea Party is the parks highest capacity ride. There’s pretty much no chance that we’ll see the ride removed in the near future. There’s plenty of other areas that can be worked on first.

Also I have not seen this “decline” of popularity through the years at all. The ride does exactly what it needs to do by drenching everyone in its path, and on hot days it’s the go-to ride for most who don’t want to go in the water park.