1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Closing Day - October 31, 2010

Discussion in 'Trip Report Archive' started by djcyberlegend, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

As promised, the wife and I visited in costume. However, one of the paranoid guards at the gate made one of us bring both of our masks back to the car after we had our gate photos taken. They did let me keep the cape and the neck charm, which I shortened the string on.

Time in park - Noon-closing
    Weather - mild at first, chilly later on
    Crowds - light

Rides:
    Batman - 2x for me, wife rode 5x - walk-on every time
    Bizarro - 2x, 10-min wait first time, 25-min wait second time
    Mind Eraser - walk-on
    Pandy - 10-min wait
    Flashback - walk-on
    Cyclone - walk-on
    Tomahawk - 1-cycle wait
    Catwoman's Whip - walk-on
    Scream - wife rode, 2-cycle wait

Bizarro, Batman and Mind Eraser each ran both trains, Cyclone only ran one train and was quite jerky and had a lot of rattling and air time.

Bizarro's audio worked perfectly on both trains the first time around. When I went on it later in the day to cap off our visit - and the 2010 season - there was no audio on either train, and one of the mechanics had to be called to fix a glitch with the restraints in the back row of the second car on the blue-numbered train so those seats were closed off on that train. There was no mist in the S shields or either of the tunnels, no light in the second tunnel, and whilst I was waiting for my second front-row ride, I noticed that the lights in the S shield closest to the station stopped working.

Scream ran two towers early on, then only one later on.

Since I anticipated quite a chill, I brought a compression thermal base layer to wear at first, I ended up taking that off early in the day then putting it back on as it got chilly.

We enjoyed going through Midnight Mansion, but thought Wicked Woods could have been much better.

After my first ride on Bizarro, I went up the steps through Wiggles World to meet back up with my wife, a kid coming down the steps complimented my neck charm.

We also enjoyed the illusion show, and since we got many coaster rides in and had photos taken in the caskets, we racked up quite the collection of photo claim slips...

Overall it was a great day, can hardly wait 166 days until 2011 Opening Day...
  2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Forum Leader

Thanks for the TR, seems weird that Bizarro's audio was working fine, then stopped. They really need to get that fixed.
  3. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

After getting all my photos from that day, I took a piece of my first Bizarro on-ride photo and made it into a wallpaper for my phone and PC. I'm also using that snippet as my profile photo on Twitter, FB and FS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.