1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

cross country road trip

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Meetups' started by bchev93, Jun 17, 2015.

1. bchev93

bchev93

so i just found out i'll most likely be going out to LA for a "business trip" late this or early next month (could be leaving as early as this saturday). I know i'm going to hit parks while out on the trip but not sure which ones i should hit. Now a major note is that due to the nature of the trip i have to drive from Roanoke VA to LA and back to Roanoke. I know of some parks i can hit up depending on what rute i take

if i take 64-70 i can get Holiday world, SF STL, Worlds Of Fun, Elich Gardins, Vegas coasters SFMM Santa Monica pier coaster and knotts. No matter what i do i am not doing Universial LA

if i take 81-40 out i would only get 2 or 3 intermediate parks with the LA properties still happening but one would be cliffs in New Mexico and the parks are generaly smaller and family owned with 1-3 coasters per park. note i am not doing dollywood seeing as i've been there b4 and is "too close to home for this type of trip"

now i plan on taking a different route out and back and was wondering if there were any parks that I did not already mention that I could hit within 20 miles of the highway's i'll be taking and if there are any parks i've missed. i would be willing to take the 20 on the eastbound trip only.

also i am wondering what my credit count could end up bing for this trip
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

3. bchev93

bchev93

i used coaster counter's database for my stuff
  4. DJReady999

DJReady999

I cri every time QuickMemo+_2015-06-18-06-47-55.png
  5. bchev93

bchev93

Just so everybody knows I hit the road this afternoon I'm in Indiana going to bed I'm doing the 64–70 route and will be hitting holiday world in the morning

All trip reports will be posted in the trip report section not as additional comments to this thread and photos will be taken but not uploaded until I get back to Virginia
    • Like Like x 1
  6. depotrat

depotrat

RCDB.com is your friend, It shows parks/coasters by park and has a nearby parks feature. We use it all the time and it is how we ended up at Wild Adventures last week when we finished SFOG earlier than expected.