1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Cyborg - New For 2019!

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by Dr. Gigglez, Aug 30, 2018.

1. EastKoaster

EastKoaster

Really hoping they start experimenting with C02 cannons... imagine being on this ride with huge C02 cannons with LEDs shooting at you!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dschu

dschu

I’m super excited for this from a ride operator perspective. It sucks when rides go down for weather and you’re like “You can can still thrill it up on Houdini Carousel, and Bumper Cars!” Now we’ll have another option, which will lead to higher guest satisfaction.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Tyler

Tyler

I hope they use a long custom cycle. The freestyle models have a 1.5 minute length, and a 2 minute length. Hopefully it can be 2 minutes, or even longer if its a custom cycle.
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    I'm also beginning to wonder if the motor/bottom section of KK is going to be use on CYBORG, or if it is an entirely new ride. It would make sense considering that KK is closed for the season. o_Oo_O
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

No They won't. Like we have seen over and over it will have 2D cut outs. that animatronic would cost them 50K at least. I'd also not get 2 excited. look at there track record and that should give you an idea of how much themeing this ride will get.
    That's because you obviously never road it when it first came to the buy but after MA forced them to better ventilate the building. SFNE accomplished this by opening up the garage door about a foot. Though the building has HVAC now so they should be able to run it with the doors shut.
  5. Swissbob

Swissbob

My first ride on it was in September of 2000. The offending light was spilling through vented areas relatively high up on the walls. It was a pretty warm day for September, perhaps these vents were adjustable to take in to account warmer days?
  6. Bizarro Guy 100

Bizarro Guy 100

When Joker’s Wildcard was inside the Hall of Justice, where was the entrance, exit, and queue line? I’ve never been sure of where these were when the building still housed a ride. Since Cyborg is most likely going back in this building, do you think they’ll go back to the original setup and place the entrance, exit, and queue where they were originally or do you think they’ll change it?
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

maybe while you could see some light thorough them they never let enough light in toe distract form the ride on any of my rides.
    The entrance and queue were in what is not a gift shop. there was also a septet pre ride room to count out riders and you exited through the doors in the front. It had enclosed walls which got overly hot there were forced to cup a hole in the walls to let air through but it didn't help much.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  8. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

Uhhhh, what?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. dschu

dschu

My brain hurts. I know I’m not a moderator, but I think I speak for everyone when saying that posts such as these with poor spelling and grammar get quite annoying.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

You post that a lot, perhaps you should seek help
    • Like Like x 1
  11. dschu

dschu

I’m just saying, a lot of your posts, along with WickedJohnny are illegible.
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Swissbob

Swissbob

I can see your point and I'm sure for many people it was fine. But for me, I've worked for decades as a club DJ where everything (sound and lighting) had to be "just so" or the effect was lost. I guess I saw the attempt as "a glass half empty" where most people saw it as "a glass half full".
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. xsarabella

xsarabella

There’s literally no advertising for Cyborg around the park, which means the park was never supposed to get this. Obviously something happened and they had to change plans quickly. They seem unprepared for Thursday’s announcement, but then again, SF always seems rushed and unprepared. (See Membership & Member Rewards, exhibit A.)

I can only *hope* the the HOJ building gets a big upgrade, the DC bathrooms get renovated, maybe Johnny Rockets gets a complete makeover into “Metro Grill” with an expansion, WiFi & freestyles.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. mrceagle

mrceagle

It's possible They were expecting to get another ride. but how soon after the addition did SFNE start advertising Fireball?

It would be nice to see the bathrooms cleaned up but I can't think of anywhere they can really expand Johnny rockets into. as for a name change I guess that would depend on the contract.
  15. dschu

dschu

Both Harley and Fireball had banners up on the day of the announcement.

Edit* The Joker did as well.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018