1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Cyborg - New For 2019!

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by Dr. Gigglez, Aug 30, 2018.

1. rcoasterdude

rcoasterdude

I had this feeling that this was a last minute decision, especially when the name was revealed to be just Cyborg. That name I feel will definitely be changed in the upcoming months or weeks to Cyborg Cyber Spin or something I feel like
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

I feel this wasn’t supposed to be our ride ! The park confirmed what everybody is talking about for it to go in Hall of Justice!

Kryptonite is staying, also confirmed by the park ! I did tell the park they need to stop with the similar rides! I understand different ride expierences, but I said somethings got to give!

I gave them some advice how to handle this, where their problems are and my interpretation on how to fix it over the next few years.

I gave them a list of multiple rides between flats, coasters and a dark ride. Told them in what areas, what to replace and areas to add!

I basically laid out all their issues from food to membership issues, etc from top to bottom! It’s like they got free consulting lol

I didn’t tell them unrealistic stuff! There are easy fixes but back on topic, the ride I feel is a stepping stone to an actual Dark ride!

Not the ride we wanted, but the ride we got! We can enjoy and make the best of it or not ride it lol I am actually excited for this myself, but I know many are upset!

Though a comment given to me was “ you don’t know what else we have up ourselves , stay tuned for more! “
    • Like Like x 3
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

Why would they needs stepping stone for a a dark ride when they have Houdini. We have a dark ride well a mad house but in enclosed ride that requires fire suppression and an evacuation plan in case of an incident.
  4. xsarabella

xsarabella

There were banners up all over the park for HQ, Joker, Fireball and STR. I even remember the banners for Bonzai and of course WiCy had giant banners around the construction walls. They had banners for all these new attractions right next to the Gazebo as you came down Main Street with the Flash Sale ads, this year is only Flash Sale ads.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

I believe we were supposed to get what St Louis got. So I feel we got the rug pulled out from under the 2019 attraction. What they need to do is add an actual dark ride. Houdini is in need of some major love. The volume too low, effects work then don't work. I do missing having KK in Hall Of Justice Building. This just brings that back. We still need a cool dark ride, it can be a generic shoot em up and Id be happy!Everything doesn't have to be DC related!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

I finally rode TGE’s Pandemonium yesterday. Kind of feels like a scrambler with a little up and down effect. It was ok so I’ll be very interested to see what SFNE adds sound and lighting wise to amp it up with a Cyborg theme. It is a loud ride so I’m not sure how that will work indoors.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I had heard kryptonite was going back inside hoj building and the endeavor was going in its spot. It was a last minute decision i'm sure!
    • Like Like x 3
  8. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

One of the biggest benefits of the Freestyle is that it shouldn't have a No Single Rider policy like Kryptonite (I know Canobie's doesn't have this policy but have seen a few parks with it).
  9. dschu

dschu

I think with Kryptonites issues, they weren’t/ aren’t sure if it will reopen again, but what AJ said makes sense with rumblings I was hearing all season.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

I don't think LC dose either. Not too shore what their issue with single riders is. you just need to require them to sit on the outside.

but yes the bonus with the new style si there is no issue with the simple rider since its individual seats. but it has fewer seats.
  11. dschu

dschu

Chance strongly recommends enforcing the “No Single Rider” policy on the Wipeout, but does not require it. Our model also has different seat belt styles, which could potentially be a factor.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. msullivan1

msullivan1 Leader

So Luna Park announced today that their perfectly fine Air Race is being removed. I know this may be a long shot but what if Cyborg isn't the only ride we're getting next year?

There's a fair amount of evidence to support it. The air race isn't that old (8 years?), and it's a park model. Kryptonite is taken apart as of now, and it would be extremely redundant with Cyborg in the same area. This wouldn't be the first time that SF bought a ride from Luna, as Extreme Supernova was bought from them as well. The rides also have about the same size pad. Additionally, this wouldn't be the first time we saw a mid-offseason ride announcement from SFNE.

What does everyone think of this theory? It may be a little bit of a stretch but I could honestly see it come to fruition...
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  13. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

If it does happen idk what they theme it too but the park did say kk is coming back next year. If they did change minds on that then ok what theme would they use for it? And would it just have to be used In thar area not another area of the park?
  14. mrceagle

mrceagle

Interesting idea. not sure how likely it is. The chain in the past has swapped rides between parks but is not very well known for buying used rides. they have only done it once form what I know of ans that was Supernova at TGE came from Luna park when they removed their mini discovery and upgraded to the inverting 360 model.

But if I have to make a guess where it could go I would took to Nearby Rye Playland.
  15. dschu

dschu

The chain also bought Rock N Rodeo used.