DJ Legend's Dilemma - SOLVED!!

Discussion in 'The Grove Show' started by djcyberlegend, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

For anyone who missed last night's episode of The Grove, here is DJ Legend's Dilemma:

In 1983, the Puerto-Rican boy band group Menudo released an album titled "A Todo Rock". This album contained a song titled "No Te Reprimas". The video for No Te Reprimas was filmed at an amusement park.

So, we need to know if anyone knows or can find out:
    A. What was the name and location of the park where the video was filmed?
    B. Does this park still exist?
    The first person who can either CORRECTLY solve this mystery or help Tina & me do that will win a Grove T-shirt!

Here is a link to the video on Menudo's official Youtube channel:
    [youtube]hpqHg8v_bSE[/youtube]

Either reply below or message me on Facebook with your solution and sources - which will be verified!
  2. MeAmBizarro

MeAmBizarro

Re: DJ Legend's Dilemma!

I'm pretty sure that's Hyde Park in London, which does still exist.
  3. djcyberlegend

Do you have a source?
  4. MeAmBizarro

MeAmBizarro

I have an iPhone 5.lol jk, but all I saw was that it has the same Ferris Wheel but I couldn't find anything else like the coasters having been defunct or anything so I think I was wrong.
  5. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

Larry, I am scared for you... :lol:
    What are you doing checking out a dude band from the early 80's :eek:
    j/k...
  6. djcyberlegend

Re: Can you solve DJ Legend's Dilemma?

My wife wants to know the answer to this mystery. She was big on them growing up since the height of their popularity was in the early to mid 1980s, and her being a teenage girl at the time, go figure...

Anyway, whoever is able to either solve this mystery or help us solve it will win a Grove T-shirt and major gratitude from the Mrs! You know what married folks say - happy wife, happy life... :D

And your point is? :p

I did some research on the park you mentioned in your first answer and couldn't find anything about any amusement parks in that vicinity. However, I did find a park in Germany with a name that's pronounced the same way but spelled differently, not quite sure if it's the same one as in the video but looks similar...
  7. depotrat

depotrat

I think that the wood coaster in that video is Flying Tiger @ Circus World in Haines Fl. Additionally the park did have a shuttle coaster at that tine called Zoomerang with a red white and blue color theme.

Here is a pic of Michael Jackson riding the Flyng Tiger. The logo looks like the one in the music video even though it is hard to see. There aren't that many parks that had a shuttle coaster and a wood coaster in 1983. It was process of elimination. The shuttle was called Double O but became Zoomerang later. Picture below. Pretty sure that is the one in the music video.

As for Circus World, it was owned by the Ringling Bros folks but then changed hands several times and became Boardwalk and Baseball. Busch acquired it and eventually closed the park. The area is now shopping and offices.

<a class="postlink" href="http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2012/08/28/remembering-circus-world-the-theme-park-that-forced-disney-world-to-step-up-its-game-in-the-early-1970s.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... 1970s.aspx</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://rcdb.com/331.htm?p=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rcdb.com/331.htm?p=0</a>
  8. djcyberlegend

I researched your findings and the only wood coaster I found in RCDB with the name "Flying Tiger" was located in New Jersey from 1957-1969. The park location sounds like you're on to something though...

*** EDIT *** - looks like we may have a winner - according to RCDB the wood coaster at the time was named "Roaring Tiger", the steel shuttle sounds pretty accurate from your description, I'll do a little more digging later on and post my findings...
  9. djcyberlegend

Depotrat - I can now confirm...

YOU ARE THE WINNER!

The park indeed was Circus World, which contained a shuttle loop coaster named "Flying Daredevil" at the time, and is now at a SBNO park in Indiana, the wood coaster was named "Roaring Tiger" and is now defunct.

Message me with all of your information, your shirt size and at least 3 color choices & we'll get your T-shirt out to you ASAP!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.