1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Electric Adventure -- POSTPONED

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by MeAmBizarro, Sep 3, 2013.

1. MeAmBizarro

MeAmBizarro

So not many of you are probably into this kind of music, but if you like electric dance music this is the event to freaking go to. EDM + coasters = heaven (for me at least). It's a festival style event, with loud music, bright lights, and hopefully booze. As of now the tickets are only $30 if you have a season pass and $60 if you don't, but they go up soon once the line up is announced. I'll put down the artists performing once I see the list.

This is the flyer for the event:
    [​IMG]

This is a video from last year's event at GADV:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyr0lDAAAw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyr0lDAAAw</a>

The Facebook:
    <a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/ElectricAdventureOfficial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/ElectricAdventureOfficial</a>

Get yo tickets my peeps:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://ea13.wantickets.com/Events/132721/Electric-Adventure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ea13.wantickets.com/Events/13272 ... Adventure/</a>
  2. Swissbob

Swissbob

Re: Electric Adventure!

As a club DJ for the past 27 years, I might really enjoy this. My one gripe with the recent festivals is that they tend to showcase far too much Electro oriented DJ's and not enough who feature House and Techno. Yes, I know many people refer to Electro as Electro-House, but I really see that as just trying to "sneak it in the door".
  3. EastKoaster

EastKoaster

Cant Freaking Wait for This!!! EDM and Roller Coasters Are Basically My Whole Life, And combining Them Both is like a Child Hood Dream Come True!
    Im actually Promoting For This Event too!
  4. EastKoaster

EastKoaster

Electro and Electro House Are two Separate Things BTW Swissbob (im sure you knew that) But I Tend to see Electro as very repetitive where Electro House is one of my favorite Sub Genres
  5. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

Please use the edit button instead of double posting. Also, please try to type without capitalizing the first letter in every single word.
  6. Swissbob

Swissbob

Oh don't get me wrong. I vastly prefer Electro House to many other sub genres of dance music. For that matter, I really can't escape it. Much of the Progressive House I spin has definitely incorporated it into it's sound. Many (maybe most) top 40 remixes are produced in that direction. And you're right, even I fell into the current habit of calling it simply Electro (doubt there's going to be a lot of Arthur Baker, Mantronix, or Newcleus played there). But like I said, I've been spinning for almost three decades, I've experienced a lot of dance music, and after all that time I've come to most appreciate the groove that only House and Techno really seem to capture. But hey, that's me ;) . That's why festivals followed the club scene and added extra tents the same way big clubs have several rooms; House in here, Chill in there, etc...
  7. MeAmBizarro

MeAmBizarro

Finally there are others out there who appreciate my type of music. I really hope some of the people from this site come out and enjoy this.
  8. SFNEKid15

SFNEKid15

Well the event page on Facebook was "cancelled". Is this event still on?
  9. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

According to SFNE's web site it's still on... Linky
  10. MeAmBizarro

MeAmBizarro

It hasn't been cancelled.
  11. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

It looks like a cool event and I might go. Funds are tight for me as I got my Ohio trip 2 weeks after this event…but I know the scene this type of crowd attracts and I could prolly find some extra money to make this happen :D
  12. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

Yeah it has... I knew something was up when they delayed the announcement of the lineup. SFNE removed all traces of the event from their Facebook page and website yesterday. Then this from the Electric Adventure Facebook page:

We apologize for any inconvenience, but Six Flags New England has made the decision to postpone the September 28 Electric Adventure. For any guests that have already purchased a ticket for the event, you will be automatically refunded. Six Flags New England is looking to reschedule the event for 2014, and Electric Adventure will also return next year in multiple cities. We will see you next year.

They probably postponed it because of what happened in NY.
  13. depotrat

depotrat

What happened in NY?
  14. SFNEKid15

SFNEKid15

2 people at a similar event overdosed.
  15. MeAmBizarro

MeAmBizarro

Well that's annoying. They posted that like right after I left for work.