1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Electric Adventure -- POSTPONED

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by MeAmBizarro, Sep 3, 2013.

1. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

Too much Molly.
  2. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

yes the show is canceled and you can read about it here: <a class="postlink" href="http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/09/six_flags_cancels_rave_after_rash_of_ods_elsewhere" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/lo ... _elsewhere</a>
  3. SixFlagsFunatic

SixFlagsFunatic Forum Leader

Well, the park made a good decision. The last thing SFNE needs are people strung out on drugs and possibly OD'ing. Why they even considered it to begin with is beyond me. This coming from a company that will throw anyone smoking a cigarette 2 inches outside the flower boxes, it makes sense for them to not have that event. Doesn't seem fitting to their brand of entertainment.
  4. depotrat

depotrat

But they had at it at other SF parks without trouble - right? Maybe it is more the venue than the promoter or music.
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

This is a button Issue around NE. Many overdoses multiple deaths. While it sucks it was canceled with the problems happening in this area I'm not surprised.
  6. EastKoaster

EastKoaster

Please don't get me started on the whole Drugs and EDM discussion as I feel very strong about this! Most people seem to not realise that Drugs are associated with all genres of music not just Electronic Music but most of the world when they think about EDM and raves they automatically think of drugs and already have a bad perception on the subject! Its like people think people don't get drunk out of their mind at Country Concerts and die on the way home from a venue or people at Greatful Dead shows don't get stoned out of their minds at concerts, theirs not much of a difference considering most people who like the music aren't doing the drugs its the people that are their for that one and only reason! You saying they were crazy to have even planned it in the first place is like saying why isn't my school canceled because people smoke weed in the bathrooms at my school! I Personally don't feel it should've been canceled, and it has nothing to do with the north east people OD everywhere
  7. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

^It has everything to do with the people ODing in the north east. It's in the news and on everyone's mind. SFNE would be stupid to go through with it this year. IF something did happen that would be a huge PR nightmare for the park because they would've been able to prevent it through canceling the event.

You really need to get back to the park... Or better yet, never return. Keep that memory in your head forever. Haha.
  8. EastKoaster

EastKoaster

I mean it has nothing to do with the deaths happening in The North East and Frankly I find this whole mocary of these 2 deaths stupid considering theirs multiple deaths at festivals through out the year and second off it was their fault they OD ( the one girl took 6 MDMA Pills) how stupid could people be, but on the other hand I know that it would be bad publicity for the park but the chances of that happening are very slim
  9. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

What I'm saying is since these deaths happened in the area (the news is talking about the other deaths in the area this year as well) and it's all over the new, SFNE would be stupid to have the event.
  10. MeAmBizarro

MeAmBizarro

I agree with EastKoaster. It's not the genre of music's fault people are morons. And on the subject of music and drugs, listen to most modern day rap, all they talk about is popping molly, rolling joints, getting wasted, and banging chicks. That doesn't stop SFNE from having rap artists perform does it?! NO! EDM doesn't talk about that stuff (well some songs might mention it in like one line but its very rare). All I'm saying is that I'm very upset about this and all I have to blame are those idiots at EZoo that thought it'd be a good idea to pop 7 pills of molly. *smh*
  11. SFNEsros

SFNEsros Forum Leader

Stinks it was cancelled, but sorta good so I can save some funds and actually go as I take it the event will go late and I would prolly need a hotel in the area. As long as the event doesnt conflict with my california and other trip next year im going for sure!
  12. Swissbob

Swissbob

I could not agree with you more. Unfortunately the alarmist attitude that many respond to in this kind of situation has been going on for decades. I can remember some rock concerts being cancelled (I'm talking waaaaay back, like 30 years ago) because some bands happened to have a similar sound to some other bands whose concerts were filled with drug use and the problems that go with it.

On a lighter note, for those of you into electronic dance music here's a real treat. Danny Tenaglia, considered a maestro and "the DJ's DJ" in the world of House and Techno, hosted a party a few weeks ago in his private loft in NYC, and part of the night has been made available for download via SoundCloud. Enjoy! Here's the link:

<a class="postlink" href="https://soundcloud.com/nokturnalist/danny-tenaglia-live-boiler-room-loft-nyc-2013-09-03" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://soundcloud.com/nokturnalist/dan ... 2013-09-03</a>

Should the link not work, simply go to SoundCloud and search for Danny Tenaglia. The "Boiler Room" set, as it's called, should come right up.