1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

First Ride On Wicked Cyclone

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by MarkIacino, Sep 14, 2014.

?

Where will you sit on your first ride on Wicked Cyclone?

1. Front Row

46.9%
  2. Back Row

43.8%
  3. Middle

9.4%
  1. MarkIacino

MarkIacino

Decided this would be an interesting discussion since the other threads are getting a little repetitive.
  2. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Why would you want middle? A tame ride???

Back all the way. I see a tiny snap on the first drop.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Assuming Tina is able to ride it (I predict very restrictive restraints) and I can convince her to join me, we can't go to the back because of a prior neck injury she sustained in the early 1990s, if her head were to suddenly move in the wrong manner or direction she could end up paralyzed.
  4. coasterchitchat

coasterchitchat

We should see if Alan Schikle himself will come to WC's media day. Then, we should do our on-ride video with him. I've seen a ton of him riding with people on Goliath at SFGAm on youtube.

RMC restraints are horrible. They have an uncomfortable shin bar and the seats are basically uncomfortable plastic molding.
  5. NEKoasterFreak

NEKoasterFreak

I always ride middle first time. (Except the mistake sitting in the last row my first time on Bizzaro.)
  6. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I thought you both rode outlaw run? From all the reviews i have read about goliath, steel madusa, and Irat, i haven't heard any complanits about the lapbars.
    I really haven't thought about where i would sit but it will be Front or Back. I'm sure the ride will be awesome no matter where you sit, but i perfer the back to the front on all steel coasters.
  7. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

We did ride Outlaw Run - before it had the seatbelts and the current settings on the lap bar sensors.
  8. RC17

RC17

Front all the way, back on the second ride.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SteveSnowmn

SteveSnowmn

What is riding on media day like? I would assume all the enthusiasts would want to ride in the front for their first ride lol. I'd like to come to the media day for WC so I might just take a middle seat to get on faster.
  10. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Well based off of last year, media day will have maybe 500-1,000 people. WC will have a 20 min wait at most.
  11. BoulderDash

BoulderDash

Ok media day are fun they will have ert in the early hours for us acers. No waits and rerides.
  12. coasterchitchat

coasterchitchat

For the media people (I'll get passes,but won't go) you get to go early, ride the rides, get food, but the only added benefit is getting to record an on-ride. In past years, I've gone as an ACEr, just went for some rides and dealt with Robb Alvey shoving people for food and rides. Yeah, totally TPR.
  13. RC17

RC17

I've never been to a media...are all SFNE onliners invited?
  14. tge98

tge98

I don't think SFNE online has been invited in the past but this year Jen said in the live stream that we were invited
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

While I will want to get to the front and back I likely will hit in the middle somewhere to same time.