1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Food Allergies and Intolerances

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by DJReady999, Oct 21, 2014.

1. DJReady999

DJReady999

I dont know if this is a topic but can someone inform me if the park uses peanut oil?
  2. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

That's a good question. I'll try to find you an answer.
  3. DJReady999

DJReady999

Ok thanks cause i plan on bringing my friend whos alergic
  4. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

When I was at the park in May they didn't. I have a peanut allergy so I asked. I asked one of the employees at the "Diner" stand near Twister to find out and she couldn't have been more ignorant. She acted like she couldn't be bothered and I was a moron. I was ready to slap her.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DJReady999

DJReady999

Ok thanks im prob gonna try to email the park
  6. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Us the contact us page, they were fast last time for me.
  7. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

I think Josh is going to ask. I know for sure that your friend will be able to bring in his own food. You guys just need to make a stop at Guest Relations before entering the park and they will alert security that you have a person with food allergies coming.
  8. DJReady999

DJReady999

This is what they said.
    Thank you for contacting us. If your friend has food allergies, he is more than welcome to bring in a small lunch for himself. Please be advised that glass and aluminum cans will not be allowed into the park.

If you have further questions or concerns, please give us a call here at 413-786-9300.

Have a great day.

Taina,

Guest Service Representative
  9. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

the responded to me and they have no peanut oil in the park !
  10. DJReady999

DJReady999

Ok thanks my friend might pack a lunch anyways just to be safe
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

There seems to be no online food allergy list. the site simply says this

exceptions are made for Guests with special dietary needs to include food allergies and baby food/formula. Guest should contact Park Security or Guest Relations when they arrive at the Park for approval to bring in special dietary foods. The special dietary food containers will be marked and dated to clearly show that they have been approved for entry into the park.

A site featuring allergy review had this page, http://www.allergyeats.com/blog/index.php/six-flags/

A comment about SFNE said the fallowing.
    August 30th, 2010 at 5:59 am
    We went to Six Flags New england last year ( hope this hasn’t changed) and they were fabulous!! No peanut oil used by vendors, a few of whom I spoke to told me how they have allergy training sessions and very accommodating. My son has allergies to peanuts, nuts, dairy , egg, shellfish, lamb and on and on. I know he had burger and fries can not remember if he had bread on it or not, caramel corn (which we brought home) and fried dough. No problems! He really is very sensitive and dairy as well as peanuts and others will put him into anaphylactic shock. I am surprised at the change! we were planning in going in a few weeks. Now I don’t know

Hope this helps.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

I changed the name of this thread. I'm also going to pin it. I think it will be very helpful for people in the future.