1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Food/concessions- service

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by Mr Scary, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

no park I have ever been to has as many incompetent workers within almost every food establishment as SFNE. There are a few exceptions such as Big Bens and even Cold Stone, but in general they have the slowest workers in those places. Its not a question of not being friendly- they are just simply an irritant because they plod along at their own extremely slow pace, oblivious to trying to provide the best customer service. They either dont listen to what you order, or cant retain what it is that you asked for. When you ask them to correct their error on your order they give you an attitude.
    Know what? I dont want to hear that same f'ing excuses about English as a second language either. Who hires these morons? My @ss is already sore from paying SF as much for two slices of pizza as a whole party size....There is just something wrong- when I can go to the park on a Saturday, stand in a long line AND ride Pandy in less time than it takes to stand in line and order pizza when the pizza line has only 8 people in line before me.

fargin iceholes...
  2. SixFlagsFunatic

SixFlagsFunatic Forum Leader

LOL I was there this past Saturday, were you there too?
  3. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

yup :lol:

dude, it happens to me every third time I go to the park.

Its an hours round trip to walk to my truck and chow vittles, or I can suck it up and eat at the park. I can accept you pay a premium for food at the park. I am sore from being bent over but I am almost ok with that- season passes are low, so food is gonna cost ya.

Its the workers that just dont give a damn. Thats whats not acceptable. Ride operators generally pump people through the lines and do a great job IMO. When it comes to food service lines however, these half wits dont give the impression that they give a crap. They arent in any rush- and the lines reflect that
  4. pandykid

pandykid

it's also bad enough when i think a peporoni goes at canobie for i think 16.00 and drinks for a 16 oz are 2.65:) for the whole pie
  5. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

the post wasnt started to complain about the food prices, they are what they are and its a choice we make to purchase food in the park or not. I chose to purchase despite the high cost.
    My beef is more about the very poor customer service you get from quite a few locations. That shouldnt be acceptable
  6. SixFlagsFunatic

SixFlagsFunatic Forum Leader

I have good luck at the following places:

Food:
    Northern Star (across from Flashback) - Excellent and I do mean excellent steak/cheese w/onion, pepper, mushroom. Fries are good here also and the buns are fresh.

Johnny Rockets (Rockville only) - Excellent fresh tenders/fries

Beer:
    Sam Adams bar in Kidzopolis and Tiki Bar in Water Park

Biggest disappointment is Big Bens.
    This place use to sell ribs, 1/2 chickens, potato salad and evertything... All of those good items are off the menu. Carol and Peter that usually tend this stand on saturdays are nice people (slow but nice). There is never a line there anymore so it's easy to purchase beer and just leave.

Also, Rivi's still sells great salads (right window) but the left window with the fried food is horrific. Also, I miss the prime rib sandwiches once sold in rivi's.
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

Sorry to hear you have had so much trouble with the food. I never ate at the park the last few years I went. in fact in nearly 20 visits over 2003 to 2005 I ate at the park only once. Instead I left, drove to Kicks pizza down the street, and came back.
  8. mikegallant774

mikegallant774

They need to put certain stuff back on the menu at JB's!!And you can quote me on that!!
  9. mikegallant774

mikegallant774

IMHO They Need to Add the Slush Factory Version of The Souvenir Cup to The Gold Season Dining Pass,Just Like They did with the free drinks all season version of The souvenir Cup!!!!
  10. mikegallant774

mikegallant774

IMHO they need to put ribs and chicken on the menu at jb's.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. dschu

dschu

I disagree. It's a theme park. The choices they have are easy, while still tasting good. I feel like the quality of the ribs and chicken wouldn't be the best either.
  12. Bizarperman

Bizarperman

I don't know how easy it would be for the park to include chicken and ribs on the menu. But I think more variety is always good in the park.
  13. depotrat

depotrat

The chicken used to be good at JBs years ago so why not again?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

If anything - their burgers and the way they handle them need fixing - big time. They have a nasty after-taste to them and when we were doing the holiday season passholder picnics years ago, they were always cold. They also won't accommodate requests for extra cheese on them - because "they have no way to charge for it", that also needs to change.
  15. xsarabella

xsarabella

^ I think McDonald's has better tasting burgers actually. The food at JB's has significantly declined over the past year or so. I guess that's the trade off for having JB's included in the dining plan.

The food at Great Adventure is better, but I honestly don't think I have ever had a burger there so I don't know how they are.