1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Food/concessions- service

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by Mr Scary, Jun 27, 2011.

1. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Sounds about right, those of us who were at Nor’easter and submitted name entries should hopefully get an e-mail soon with the names of the winning entries and who submitted them...
  2. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

I am hoping those new shakes come out soon! I need to try the other two first lol
  3. djcyberlegend

You and me both - I want to know the winning names too!
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Here's the menu for the New Good Eats Cafe in CAC, thanks to kyle for the picture.

[​IMG]
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

So it's an Italian place in the Western area. that makes sense!
  6. xsarabella

xsarabella

An outdoor salad bar, directly next to a roller coaster - that may or may not be opened - sounds pretty gross. The thought of having opened food like that down there in general just isn’t appetizing.

And six flags fail on not making the side salad a snack option on the dining plan!
  7. dschu

dschu

There’s also BBQ, which makes perfect sense.
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

Now that you point it out that dosn't make much sense. Maybe there is a plastic wall or something not seen in the photo.
    Every other color drew my eye and I totally missed the BBQ options. Not a bad price given whats offered compared ot most of the other options.
  9. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

Considering its at an amusement park, the pricing isn't too bad. IM glad its on dining plan so I'm more likely to eat it.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

I agree, I was more looking at 12.99 is, if I recall right, what I paid for Crappy chicken tenders and fries. and this looks like more food. Though I don't know how big the portions are.
  11. djcyberlegend

*** UPDATE ***

I still hadn’t heard any news from the shake naming contest so I e-mailed Jen today, she replied back with this:

Great question. Our team did review all of the options. We selected basic names to assist our guests with remembering. Cupcake Delight, Birthday Cake Surprise and Cookies and Cream

Apparently they thought our creativity was too much for the GP to handle...

And from my visit on 07/14 - the Good Eats cafe needs better workers or better-trained workers, Tina & I tried to eat there only to find out after being rung up that they didn’t have the item we asked for (cheese ravioli), so after getting a hold of a supervisor - Pat - she initially offered us to substitute something from JB’s, which neither of us were interested in, she made a call and was able to get our dining pass purchase transferred to Take Six. They need to do one of two things - either cover up items on the menu board that aren’t available, or the cashier needs to tell us when ordering if something is not available, so that we don’t have to go through this unnecessary hassle again.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

Have they stopped giving free water at food stands? I asked for cups at two separate places and they tried to charge me for a bottle or a $6 soda.
  13. mrceagle

mrceagle

Not sure but there are Bubblers are almost every rest room. There's one in the ticket booth outside and in the new bathroom with a top spout so its easy to fill a cup
  14. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

I also get a souvenir cup from my pass, but I usually forget to bring it. I was just curious since it has never been an issue in the past.
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

I didn't get a cup for myself I had one I could bring last year and forgot it nearly every time. One trip I just ended up buying a 20 oz soda from a gift shop and then kept refilling it at the bubblers. At $28 for a single cup it dosn't pay itself off all that fast.