1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Food/concessions- service

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by Mr Scary, Jun 27, 2011.

1. slakerx

slakerx

Went to the park yesterday (4/17) amd what a mess! The lines for their shitty greasy food was 30+ minutes, no matter where you went. The pathways were blocked everywhere, cause the lines were so bad. Reminded me of a saturday in mid july. My son wanted fried dough. I bought 2 fried dough, and two bottles of water for... 30 dollars! tf is that? fried dough, 9 bucks a piece... water.... almost 6 DOLLARS for a 'large' bottled water (20oz)! I know the place needs to make money but FFS. I didnt get my membership cup cause I didnt feel like waiting another 2 hours in line. it was completely crazy.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. mrceagle

mrceagle

Wow, that's insane. What it just the crowds or more medium crowds with too much shut down or under staffed? But I agree the prices are out of line. but sadly since the top memberships get 50% off the prices are set up t o make a profit off of those sales with being getting progressively screwed over from there.
  3. depotrat

depotrat

This is why I almost never eat in the park anymore. We seldom spend more than a few hours at a time so SF food is easily avoided.
  4. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

Going to world final at Disney for my daughter’s competition. Been five years since I saw the mouse. Curious to see how their food compares. Still gets a lot of favorable reviews
    • Like Like x 2
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

I've never had any complaints about the food on my Disney trips but its been a long time. Form trip reports many items seem priced cheaper then SFNE. Which I find sad.

I often avoid food at most parks.
  6. depotrat

depotrat

Some of the great dining at DW was ruined by the dining plan. For example, the Japanese Steakhouse in Epcot was one of the best (although pricey) I had ever been to when visited in the early 2000's. Then years later it became part of the low cost dining plan and our meal was dreck. I would have preferred to pay the rate and have a great meal but that is no longer an option there.
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

That's disappointing. There are more the enough basic Restaurants around places like EPCOT that they don't have to cut into the better locations quality.
  8. depotrat

depotrat

They do if they want to include them in the dining plan or they will be losing money on every meal. I just wish they hadn't included the uscale restaurants because now the upscale are just ordinary.
  9. xsarabella

xsarabella

What level membership do you have? You should have gotten a discount on the food and water, they should have scanned your membership pass. I know diamond elite gets 50% off which makes buying food more cost effective for me.
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

I think I worded things wrong since we are on the same page. I was trying to point out that there are a lot of options around the park. They don't need to Sacrifice and include their more up scale locations or in the meal plane you can choose a handful of upper scale restraints for a single meal. Another option would be to offer the upper scale location but ad an added cost to they didn't have to sacrifice quality.
    this is assuming he even has a membership. you used to get discounts ff the season pass but ten they created memberships.
  11. depotrat

depotrat

Absolutely agree! It was so disappointing. A few of the upscale restaurants required users to burn two meals for one but this wasn't one of them. SFNE could have done the same but didn't seem to do that to my knowledge. Which of course led to this thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Those of us who have memberships - also keep in mind you get a discount on almost all food offerings that aren’t on the dining plan or if you want something that is but miss the dining plan hours during the later part of the day - say for example you’re in a ride line and don’t get off the ride until after 8 when the dining pass hours end, you can still get what you would normally get but you’ll have to buy it, but you can use your membership discount on it.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  13. xsarabella

xsarabella

I like that option for bring a friend days. 50% DE discount makes the food prices almost worth it. And you get reward points.