1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Fright Fest 10/10/11

Discussion in 'Trip Report Archive' started by SFNEKid15, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFNEKid15

SFNEKid15

Time in Park: 12:15pm-8:30pm

Food: Curly fries (once for lunch once for dinner)

Drinks: Refills on soda

Who: Me and a bunch of friends

-Did all 3 trails using $15 combo ticket.
    -Haunting Illusions was packed today.
    -All the shows that I saw were pretty good.

I really liked fright fest this year, its definately improved from years past. There were scarers out in Area 51 by 1pm, before the mini tent was even open. Slayers layer had a massive line when it first opened at 6:15pm. The thing i didn't like was that they never give definate times for when SL or WW opens. They say 'dusk'. Midnight Mansion was decent. Very cramped as always, more characters than last year. WW had about a 30min wait most of the night, and is similar to previous years, with a few new elements and slightly different layout. Well staffed and the scarers dod a very good job. Ran over to SL at 7:30 and only had to wait about 20mins as opposed to the 1hr wait i saw before. I liked it, but I hope that they expand the trail in future years. With HH already having somw themeing you really feel like you're not in SFNE anymore. The animatronics on SL were neat.

Overall I would make a close tie between SL and WW, but SL might win because its new! MM wasn't all that great IMO.

Slayer's Lair: 8.5/10 -Well themed, with a very good amount of scareactors. Could use a bigger layout for next year possibly?

Wicked Woods: 8/10 -Very lenghty trail, which definately gets you your moneys worth, few minor, but very good changes, again good job with staffing.

Midnight Mansion: 6/10 -Felt very tacky in some parts, glad to see more theming in the outdoor section of the haunt, very small corridors, wish they made the groups smaller.

Overall Fright Fest Rating: 8/10 -You can tell that the park is trying more this year, and it makes me happy. Liked the acting this year, and they are getting really big crowds! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. redsd2121

redsd2121

I just want to add on to this one considering I was there same day, same time (as always).

Food: Chicken Tenders with Fries & Coke

Who: Me and 3 friends

Rides:
    Bizarro 2x
    Mind Eraser 1x
    Batman 1x
    Scream 1x
    *Two of my friends rode Pandy and Cyclone while me and another friend rode Scream and Bizarro*
    Buzzsaw 1x

-Did all 3 trails with the Combo Ticket

I think MM was terrible. When I went in around 4:30 it was completely understaffed and the scarers didn't do a good job with scaring us. 4/10

SL was actually pretty good, but really short. We didn't have to wait because we were in the front of that HUGE line that congregated outside the entrance before it opened at 6:45. The women at the beginning had a terrible southern accent, but besides that it was a good haunt for its first year. 8/10

WW was the best of the night. Very long, and very well staffed. The actors were placed very strategically and scared us very well. Defiantly recommend for first timers and its truly scary. Besides the fact its nearly the same as when I went in it last year and years prior, its still done very well. 9/10

Another thing I want to point out is Bizarro ran perfect audio in the blue train, but no audio in the yellow train. It looks as if they're finally fixing it and hopefully they'll fix it enough that the original sound track comes back.
  3. SFNEKid15

SFNEKid15

I forgot to mention that I did ride rides throughout the day. It was tough to get on alot because the lines were BIG.

Bizarro- 1x
    Batman- 2x
    Buzzsaw- 1x
    Scream- 2x
    Cyclone- 1x
    Twister- 2x

By the way, the line for WW moves pretty quick, so even if the line looks long, still wait.
  4. pandykid

pandykid

if you guys want a really good walk through scare go to trail of terror in wallingford parking is free and it's 10.00 20.00 for a speed pass www. trail ofterror.com 45 min walk through
  5. SROS Master

SROS Master

I have been to that haunt before, but that was back in 2007. Back then I thought it was a decent haunt. It was better than any of Six Flags New Englands haunts, but not as good as Screeemfest in my opinion, and definitely comes nowhere near as good as the Haunted Graveyard. One more thing I forgot to mention from my Fright Fest report that I was also at Fright Fest that same night.
  6. pandykid

pandykid

yes but were better now i think were on 16 or 17 years now
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.