1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Fright Fest 10/11/14

Discussion in 'Trip Report Archive' started by dschu, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dschu

dschu

I went to fright fest Saturday from 7 pm -11pm. It was really good this year.
    I got into the park and bought a gold flash pass because it was packed. Then headed straight to bizarro. It was really fun. Then we headed to aftermath, and it really is the best maze. Then we did wicked woods which was good as always. We skipped Total Darkness because the line wasn't worth it. Zombie Coaster was pretty fun, they should use the lights all year.

Bizarro- 3x. At 10:30, it was so foggy, halfway up the lift you couldn't even see scream or the river. On the way down, all you could see we're the WORKING blue tunnel lights.
    Goliath- broke down but was back up quickly but I didn't want to wait. #thrillitdown.
    Zombie coaster- 2x

THIS WAS THE BEST YEAR OF FF SINCE IVE BEEN GOING TO THE PARK.
    Bizarro picture taken from the brake run shows the fog.

Attached Files:

2. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Was the fog man made or natural?
  3. dschu

dschu

It was natural. It was everywhere on my drive home. This was the only time where I was actually scared on bizarro. You couldn't see anything going up!
    --- Double Post Merged, Original Post Date: Oct 12, 2014 ---
    Also I went to Pandys single line and there was a family of 4 waiting to tether. I said " are you together?" They said yes. I asked " are you single riders?" They said yeas. So u said" I'm going in front of you, you are a family of 4 trying to abuse the system. Have a nice night!" The flash pass guy high fived me!!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

Saturday night that
    natural fog was very dense and the park felt extremely chilly huh?
  5. dschu

dschu

A little chilly. Very foggy after 10
  6. depotrat

depotrat

Sorry but you were a line jumper. A family of four willing to ride single is no different than you. The single riders line is only a device to fill every seat. They were not abusing the system. You don't have to be all alone in life (or at the park) to access it. You just have to be willing to fill a single empty seat and not ride with your family or friends. That the flash pass guy high fived you only shows how abysmal the training is at SFNE. He should have sent you back to the end of the line.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. koasterkid

koasterkid

I see where you are getting at but It is not against the rules for people to do that and is perfectly fine. Its basically a "people who don't care if they are separated" line. The FP guy clearly had no training just like almost the entire park.
  8. dschu

dschu

^^ I see where you guys are coming from but, it's tbe single rider line not the " lazy family of 4 line". It's kind of annoying when you are actually a single rider. I don't think what I did was line jumping, I just got pissed off because it's the freaking single rider line. And the guy was trained, but the people in line were arguing with him about riding.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

I get it. @depotrat took a ruder approach. He's done it to me before, so don't it take it personally.

I agree. Its a single rider line. If the employee allowed you to do that, trained or not, it's not cutting.
  10. dschu

dschu

@CanobieFan thanks for agreeing. What he said is fine. It's a forum, everyone can have an opinion, if not this site would be boring af. In a way, I agree it's cutting, but in this case, it was ok.
  11. depotrat

depotrat

^Sorry what I said was not rude. What was rude was him pushing his way past 4 people that were in front of him in line. That is line jumping and line jumping is RUDE!!! The family was not lazy and how do you come to that conclusion? They are lazy but you are not? How so? Enlighten me? Your annoyance that they are not "actually single riders" shows you have no clue what the line is for. It is not there for your personal conveinence.

The single ride line is for people that are willing to ride "alone" so seats do not go out empty. You don't have to be alone, just willing to ride alone. You say you see where we are coming from and then insult the family again, so clearly you don't get it. The single rider line is NOT just for people that are alone at the park and if you think that you are dead wrong. If they were arguing with the attendant about having to ride alone, then they were in the wrong line. If they were arguing about being able to be in that line just because they knew each other, the op was not trained properly. Either way taking it upon yourself to push past people is wrong.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

The employee high-fiving you for cutting them is also in the wrong. Even if the family of four was arguing about being separated, that's not any way to treat guests.

Like depotrat said, single rider lines aren't just for people who are in the park by themselves. It's for cars to get out without any empty spots. How those seats get filled doesn't matter. If you cut in front of my friends and me, we would've been pretty pissed. We always ride Pandemonium and Scream by using the single rider line. It may take a couple minutes for there to be empty seats, and we never get to ride together, but that's fine with us. Are you calling us lazy?
    I'm admitting to cutting the line on Goliath once to meet up with another group. The security guard watching the line didn't say anything. That's still cutting. I'm not proud to say that I line jumped, but I did. Wouldn't you be pretty pissed if you saw an employee watch someone cutting and didn't do anything?
  13. dschu

dschu

I didn't mean to make this a huge argument in my trip report. They were arguing about not riding together. I knew that they wanted to ride together. They flat out told the flash pass guy that they want to ride together. Can we just get back on topic and talk about how awesome some of my pics are?
  14. BoulderDash

BoulderDash

Same thing happened to me on ZDOD at Gadv during ROTB.
  15. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Kinda sad we r fighting about friggin line cutting!

Just proves how sensitive we are.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.