1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Fright Fest 2018

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by thrillsnewengland, Oct 1, 2018.

1. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

Coffin Challenge underway

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

Not many people dropped out nationwide! Everybody wanted those prizes
  3. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Another awesome event today at FF thanks to Rus and Jenn, Too bad no picture taking was allowed. The behind the scenes tours were really good and it was cool to go into the old skyride building where they do all the make up on the scare actors.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

Does anyone have any helpful tips/tricks for getting the most out of experiencing the event, specifically the houses and scare zones?
  5. dschu

dschu

Anything interesting in the Q&A?
  6. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Not really but i got there late. Frost is back for hitp and kryptonite is returning for 2019. Laser light show for cyborg with music.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. msullivan1

msullivan1 Leader

I'm sorry, but Kryptonite and Cyborg 500 feet from each other is idiotic. First two boomerangs, now this? Come on SFNE. Hopefully next year will be Kryptonite's last year and we get an endeavor in its place.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

I had a great time at the event, wish it wasn't as busy lol Behind the scenes tours were awesome and had a blast that day!

Also, they are looking to see what people thought of the Haunt, well RUS is and if you attended and didn't get an email let me know because next year they are going to do Holiday IN The Park, so ideas for an event , Rus will greatly appreciate!
  9. koasterkid

koasterkid

I enjoyed the event and the tours were cool and interesting. The actors and managers in charge seemed really dedicated and they did a great job. It was also cool to see the old Skyway station, seems like there is enough room up there to re-purpose it into something else. The only remains of the ride were a sign, some footers, and the storage track hanging from the ceiling.

The park does a great job with the experiences inside of the park, but the up-charge attractions did not seem too impressive IMO. The "new" Terror Tales had a decent idea but it is basically Wicked Woods with some new scenes that did not impress me in the slightest. The only thing that impressed me was the wolf animatronic which was very cool. Honestly, the things they added seemed really cheap. There are probably home-made haunts out there that are more impressive than anything they have. The Haunted Graveyard is light years ahead of SFNE's haunts.

The 2-hour flash pass was awesome to have, but ride breakdowns pretty much ruined it. One hour in and I was only able to get on Harley Quinn because Superman was having issues. They told people to get back in the gates, then 10 minutes later they opened the gates and a minute later they told everyone to go back. Once they announced an extended downtime, we headed to Cyclone. Well guess what? Cyclone was down too along with Sky Screamer (I think due to weather though). We waited while Cyclone tested twice and watched the maintenance guy leave so we figured it was about to re-open. Well after 10 minutes of waiting with no sign of re-opening we headed back to Superman. We did get a good ride on Pandy on the way which was great and it had a massive line. Superman was back up and ended up getting 3 rides. I am sure other people had similar issues.

I just think it is crazy that we are getting a ride nearly identical to a ride in the same area, when there are so many breakdowns that happen all the time. I would rather them get nothing next year and scrap the two boomerangs if it meant they could put some money into making sure their top rides don't break down multiple times in one day.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

Here is the problem with SFNE Haunts.

* PACING - People aren't spread out enough in the outdoor haunts, it took away from Twisted Tales because when I went a couple of weeks ago it was awesome! But Saturday with big groups of people, I had 10 in my group and they added us to 4 - 6 people and they got the scares and cool effects and we didn't

* ACTORS: Some are lazy and bad, there are some really good ones at the park, but some in the haunts could care less, which is a shame!, I guess you get what you pay for!

Midnight Mansion is themed pretty well, just not enough actors going around to really give it a punch, if they could fix that issues, then things could get better.

What SFNE needs to do is make the outdoor Haunt in the woods one haunt instead of trying to say they have 5 haunts, I don't care about #'s

It's about making a quality Haunt, I know the budget for SFNE isn't as big as other parks, but they should cut back a little bit on the number of haunts and make them better! Instead of slasher Circus and Forgotten Laboratory, make that one big Haunt. They can use another Pavillion for another Haunt and go back to 4, but they really need to make it work better.

Theming wise, SFNE does a decent job. Yes Haunted Graveyard is far better and SFNE has potential, I think the problem they face is budget and not enough people working on particular things, some that work on Fright Fest is also working on Holiday in the park! They need dedicated teams for each season! Then they can focus more on each season!
  11. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

So who’s going this weekend?
  12. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

We were planning on it but the rain and wind looks insane so it all depends on the weather...
  13. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

Planing on it as well trying tonwait out to see how tomorrow goes since its the only day can get up there this weekend
  14. depotrat

depotrat

Saturday ain't happening - so it will be Sunday if at all. I would like to get one more ride on STR for the season.
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

Looks like last weekend of Frightfest is rained out again.