1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Fright Fest TR 9/24

Discussion in 'Trip Report Archive' started by koasterkid, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koasterkid

koasterkid

Time:3:15-9:15
    Rides
    Bizarro x7
    Goliath x2
    Pandy x2
    Batman x2
    ME x2
    TT x1
    Scream x1

Sunday was one of my favorite SFNE visits in a while. It was pure awesome. First of for fright fest I was expecting the same decorations and not too much new. I was wrong. One really cool thing is the spiderwebs. They went crazy with webs especially in the main street area and they do look really good. Area 51 is basically nothing now, they shouldn't have even put it up, I did not see a single actor and most of the stuff was gone.

Demon District was my favorite area to be in. Terror Twist was incredible, it is amazing what lights and music does to a ride. I have never ridden their tea cups and don't know how fast they usually go but it was flying. It was so much fun and is by far the best flat ride in the park during fright fest. I went through Demon District during the day and didn't think much of it but it was SO much better at night. There were so many actors walking around and scaring people. This is a huge improvement from before. Last year I saw about 4 people. I saw at least 15 yesterday. It was great and the costumes looked awesome. I found it funny that there was a building that said demonic manufacturing in front of Mind Eraser, they must be referring to Vekoma :D

I was actually amazed at how smooth Mind Eraser and Batman were running, especially Batman. It was glass smooth and really good, It definitely had work of some kind, it was awesome and there was zero headbanging except for one small one on the last corkscrew but everything else was epic. Mind Eraser seems like it is running smoother, The only bad parts are the first 2 half loops and the loop near the station. Other than that it was actually pretty fun.

Goliath was great today, I think It did break down once, they sent people back through the gates and I left before they announced anything so I am not sure. I got a walk on ride to the left front wing which was great. The second tower is the best :D

I rode Pandy twice because I haven't been on it in at least a year(due to lines) and they were both walk ons. Pandy is a great ride, seriously in need of paint though.

Today was a terrible day for Bizarro. This is what I saw happen to Bizarro. When I got there they were running 2 trains but I saw maintenance hanging out near the brakes. The ride closed and yellow went on the transfer track. I think they replaced something towards the front on yellow. The transfer took 20ish mins and then they ran one train for another 20mins and then put the other train on and it seemed better. Later the ride literally broke down on the lift 3 times in 20 mins, it was during tests and no one was on it. Later on in the day yellow was the only train on, but there was no line at all. The audio on yellow was switched on but there was no audio, and blue was turned off but I doubt it would work if it was on. An employee said the audio hasn't been working for a while and she said they don't bother fixing it anymore :D
    then take it out
    . I like the audio, but when it doesn't work, I don't want a headrest blocking my view. They need to invest money in it or remove it. I am sure other non six flags audio systems get fixed and maintained, but the best steel coaster, just forget about it :D

The park was dead today and fright fest was excellent. I have never been through a haunt there and probably never will unless it is free, The reviews just seem poor. The graveyard is still miles better, but the stuff around the park at SFNE might be better than LC this year, maybe LC has something up their sleeve...Also we drove by LC. The pumpkin man is in front of the pirate ship and there is a ton of water park land cleared.

Also Kontiki is still exactly the same from what I saw.

Sorry for no pics, I wanted to ride Goliath without worrying about my phone. I saw someone's phone fall off and it was shot, the sliding keyboard was going in a circle when the guy found it :D
  2. SFNEKid15

SFNEKid15

If you do make another trip to Fright Fest, I suggest Midnight Mansion. It is now the best of the three haunts, and will probably only be getting more expensive as years go on. I think next week will be the last light crowded week for the park, but I doubt I'll be able to go. On the bright side, you did get to ride Bizarro a bunch! :)
  3. koasterkid

koasterkid

Yeah, the last time Ill be at SFNE will be the 13th, Other weeks I will be at LC waiting 20 mins for BD compared to an hour and a half on Bizarro. I have waited that long this year and it is torture lol
  4. SFNEKid15

SFNEKid15

Not to get off topic, but how are the crowds generally for the Haunted Graveyard and the rides section? I was thinking of switching out a trip to SFNE for LC's event.
  5. koasterkid

koasterkid

They can get crazy for the lower capacity rides but BD and T&L have pretty fast lines even in October. I would say around 20-30mins for BD as long as they are quick loading. I think their new poilicy that doesn't let the employees touch guest's stuff might slow things down. If someone goes on with a scarf or something they gotta unlock and recheck all the restraints. Hopefully people are not stupid.
  6. coast4airtime

coast4airtime

I think we all know what lights and music are capable of doing to a ride...
  7. koasterkid

koasterkid

Hehe I get it, I should say a flat ride :D
  8. ctcoastin

ctcoastin

Except at Lake Compounce the line jumping is out of control and they do nothing about it. Very frustrating!
  9. bchev93

bchev93

@ Koasterkid: was it on 9/24 or a different day we ended up meeting at SFNE or even multible meet ups
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.