1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Frightfest Vs Hitp

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Dec 23, 2017.

?

which event did you like best?

1. frightfest

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. holiday in the park

20 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

If you have attended both events let us know which was better and why.
    I personally loved hitp better and imo frost is the best show they've ever had in the Rockville theater.
  2. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

I’ve always enjoyed fright fest but this year my favorite is HITP. The newness was great but the theming was over the top. I know not everyone experienced this here but I found the guests to be much friendlier. Jen was awesome hosting the snowball fight. Overall, the look and feel of the park during HITP was unlike I had ever experienced at SFNE. The employees braved the colder nights and were generally festive. Just made for a great family experience . Hands down my most appreciated new addition of 2017 and I plan to try and get there next week and hopefully New Years Eve
    • Like Like x 2
  3. depotrat

depotrat

I would say HITP. We don't do much of the Frightfest stuff anymore. We go to the park and ride coasters in October but don't do the haunts. HITP was kind of the other way. We rode one coaster but mostly we waqlked the park enjoying the lights, watched the tree lighting, saw the show and ate some special food. We are trying to go again on Tuesday if the weather cooperates and ride coasters in December!!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

Hitp hands down fright fest has been getting stale and boring and im a christmas guy so this hit the spot with the lights and enjoying coasters in nov and dec love it
    • Like Like x 2
  5. canobie#1

canobie#1

lol frightfest is a joke compared to holiday in the park.

Frightfest is by far the worst amusement park haunt in New England.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

I think I prefer going during Fright Fest since all of the rides are operational.

However, in terms of the additions for the holidays, Holiday in the Park wins hands down. I haven't ever been impressed with SFNE's haunts. As others have said for HITP, Frost is a great show and the park looked spectacular at night with all of the lights.
  7. Mr Scary

Mr Scary

and that's because they do almost the same thing every single year, year after year. There are no surprises, no risks taken. you aren't scared, not startled, its just the same thing. Part of what makes a haunt successful is being able to catch guests off guard and by surprise. They would need to completely scrap what is currently done to make something that different and exciting. I just go to frightfest for the rides. Shelling out money for the haunts is like throwing it away IMO.
    Frightfest is cool for what it is I guess, and I enjoy it- but I'd rather go to the park during frightfest and hit the shorter ride lines and save the $20 and go to different area haunts or private haunts
  8. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

I will say HITP myself, I agree the newness of it , plus the fact that the park did an outstanding job with the event , hands down amazing, Fright Fest really needs to go back to the drawing board. I know Six Flags is not Universal and I don't expect it to and I know they make little tweaks here and there , but I agree its getting stale , its the same, it needs a complete overhaul, My favorite things are Slasher circus, Creep show Freak Show and Graveyard Grove . I enjoyed the CarnEvil Scare Zone, but everything else seriously needs to be redone ! Frost at HITP was off the wall insanely great ! I watch the video all the time and still entertained by it !
    • Like Like x 1