1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Tickets Awards

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by BizarroAj, Jul 5, 2012.

1. SROS Master

SROS Master

I am also surprised to see Boulder Dash take the number one spot, and El Toro in the number two spot. Both woodies are awesome though.

Leviathan made a big leap this year. It is now rated number 15, unlike number 22 from last year. I hope it makes it to the top 10 list by next year. Now how on earth is Millennium Force still Number one!?!?!?!?!? It is by far overrated compare to Leviathan!!! I hope one of these days Millennium Force will be outvoted and knocked over from Leviathan, leaving Millennium Force drowning in the Sandusky bay, awaiting to be eaten by its predator!

Don't get me wrong though, I still like Millennium Force.
  2. tge98

tge98

to be completely honest I prefer Millennium over Bizarro. It could be because I have never rode SROS. It could be because I was younger when we went to Cedar Point. I dont know I just like millennium.
  3. SROS Master

SROS Master

^You never been on Superman!? If its also been a while since you last ridden Millennium force, you may as well give them both a try and then make up your mind. May even give Leviathan a spin too!
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

^im sure he meant he never got to ride bizarro when it was SROS :D
  5. tge98

tge98

Yeah that's what I meant^. I rode bizarro a couple weeks ago.
  6. SROS Master

SROS Master

I now know what your saying! It would at least been more clear if you said you never ridden it as Superman.
  7. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

Plain and simple, the Golden Ticket awards are a joke. Maybe not for certain categories, but the way the voting is and everything doesn't give park equal opportunities to win....It's a popularity contest. Not a hardcore which is best contest.
  8. MeAmBizarro

MeAmBizarro

I think it's hilarious that Outlaw Run AND Iron Rattler beat out Gatekeeper. TAKE THAT CEDAR POINT! But really... Boulder Dash better than El Toro?! HA! That's a laugh, it's not even as good as Voyage, Thunderhead, or Outlaw Run... As for the Millennium Force vs Bizarro battle, I think it's time we accept that we're not gonna have the top spot again unless we get those t-bars back.
  9. depotrat

depotrat

^ Maybe in your opinion. In my opinion, Voyage has gotten so rough that it will continue to drop just as BD did until LC paid the $$ to get it fixed. Thunderhead won't pass BD unless they have the Con there again. Good ride but not that good. Outlaw Run was too new to win this year. I agree with you on El Toro but I can see how others might like BD better, as the gap between them isn't that big. Our rides on BD this year were the best in many years. LC had BD running top notch just as many voters come thru during the Con.
  10. MeAmBizarro

MeAmBizarro

Yea that's why I think it won is because Pre-Con was at LC. As for Voyage being a little rough, I like that; my woodies need to have character. And to me, BD is good, but doesn't have airtime. Hence why I have Skyrush placed high on my rankings too, which many people disagree with. I'm fairly skinny so I don't feel the pains of "bad restraints" like larger people might. And Thunderhead is an amazing ride. It's my number 2 wooden. It has speed, airtime, and winding twists and turns which is what a good coaster needs.
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

El Toro is basically a a very large out and back with a finale. It's a big but somewhat simply design. Boulderdash is a far more unique coasters. For me Complex and unique design will always win out over size.

I also Don't think you can blame con since I'm sure a number of ACErs took the time to shoot down the SFGAdv after.
  12. ctcoastin

ctcoastin

They also put on a "show" during Pre Con by running 2 trains all day when there wasn't a line. That never happens otherwise!
  13. bchev93

bchev93

not 100% true there was about 5 times this year i saw boulder run 2 train with no line and no i am not talking about the end of the night
  14. koasterkid

koasterkid

Yeah they do occasionally run two trains and the line does not usually get that big. If they run one train and the line is to the arch, they usually throw on the second train. Then after like an hour, there is no line :D
  15. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I got my ballot today in the mail and the deadline is August 4th :)