1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Adventure 9-12-15 ROTB

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by DJReady999, Sep 13, 2015.

1. DJReady999

DJReady999

Time in park 8:15am to 11 pm
    Rides:
    Nitro 1
    King Da Ka 1
    Zumanjaro 2
    Bizarro 3
    Namtab 1
    Dark Knight 1
    Superman 2
    Green Lantern 1
    Run Away Mine Train 1
    El Toro 9
    Tours: King Da Ka Tour & Nitro Tour

So this was my first ace event and trip to great adventure and it was awesome. I drove down the night before and got to the park for sign ins. From there i went to to nitro ert and got on the first train out and then something went wrong with the gates im pretty sure so i only got 1 ride in. After nitro i went to get in line for king da ka never been on a launch coaster prior and i loved it. Once i got off of that i went to zumanjaro since it was right there and before this i was not a fan of drop towers bit now i love them but the line takes sooooo long to walk through. Once we got off noticed that toro had a short line so headed over there and got on the back row. Once that was done we got on bizarro then went right to our king da ka tour which @BizarroAj was on to ill have pics up later. In the in field of king da ka there was a destroyed phone. By rge time the tour was over we used our dining pass the food there is so much better to. After we ate then went over to to were the ace lunch was but since we were about 30 mins early i decided to go walk to dark knight and i actually enjoyed it wish sfne was able to build it. Once that was done headed over to the lunch i only had a ice cream though but had a good conversation with aj. After we went to to do namtab and all i have to say is wow i got the back row. Then it was time for my nitro tour im pretty sure @djcyberlegend was on that one to. Once we finished that tour i headed over to get on green lantern and superman and i can ride superman all day i loved that ride but you will never get me on another stand up. So after those two we sat down for a little bit and waited for some people so while we waited i "quickly" went to get a ride on zumanjaro since according to the app it was walk on and it was. So i "quickly" went back to the group i was with and then got on another walk on superman. Once we got off the park was closing but lucky us we still had 2 hours. So for the first hour of the ert we got on run away mine train once and bizarro twice. Now it was time for the toro ert and i managed to get 8 rides in and every single one of them were amazing. It was great not even have to move when the train came back to the station for the next ride. Overall i loved it and im definitely going to try and do it again next year.
  2. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

It was nice meeting you at the event. You look like my son when he was your age. :)
    I took a bunch of pics that i will post in this thread later tonight. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DJReady999

DJReady999

Haha you to i want to upload my pics but for some reseaon they are taking a while to upload
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Here's some of the pics i took during the day, and i will add more tomorrow.

Frightfest stuff
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

KK and medusa backstage tour

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Batman backwards

[​IMG]

I like the water tower now

[​IMG]

Rare sight now since you no longer see them on the safari

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are using part of the safari to dump some of the rubble from the demolition of the arena's.

[​IMG]

More to come!
  5. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

Is that a piece of GASM the monkeys are playing on?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CivilianSatellite

CivilianSatellite

^ It is, but it's been there since before the ride retired. It's the original top of one of GASM's loops before they were replaced early on by reinforced track.

Before (pics by Great Adventure History)
    After

Looks and sounds like another successful ROTB. I haven't been to one yet, but every year I hear nothing but great things about it. 8 rides in a row on El Toro simply sounds like heaven! Can't wait to read/see more.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DJReady999

DJReady999

Here are mine had to put them in collages since they wouldnt upload PhotoGrid_1442614991568.jpg PhotoGrid_1442615081633.jpg PhotoGrid_1442615174565.jpg PhotoGrid_1442615232675.jpg