1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Great Escape General Discussion

Discussion in 'Great Escape Chatter' started by SFNEsros, Jan 26, 2011.

1. mrceagle

mrceagle

Exactly. I just don't know how this would bring value to the park or help the park draw in any guests.

Dose anyone know how big the restriction is. Canobie only has a long ticket display that has hours and says welcome.
  2. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

It would be beneficial to post hours, but on the other hand no because GE’s pathetic hours would deter people from going.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

Along with park hours and letting all of route 9 know the park is open, I'm also expecting them to advertise hotel deals, park deals, combo deals, etc. For example, "Book Today and get 10% off your lodge visit!" "Combo theme park and hotel packages starting at $$$!"

Things like that. And speaking of pathetic hours, the 2019 hours are slowly getting posted with May, June, and some of July up. You can see them here. Nothing noteworthy- pretty similar to every other year. I'll be interested to see their Fright Fest hours this year.
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

I get what they can post but how slow is the traffic for non guests. So how much are people really going to see.

I've always disliked their hours. I get these hours in the past story town theme kids park . early close at tge then over to Gaslight village for nighttime. both gaslight is closed and TGE is more then story town now. The park has grown up and should get more grown up hours.
  5. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I get what you’re saying about the deals posted on the sign, but I still just can’t justify the park blowing that much money on something like that.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mrceagle

mrceagle

They would be better off making 100,000 in improvements to the park and spending an extra 20,000 on advertising. I'd imaging they would gt more people to notice a road side billboard near Albany then with this sign.
  7. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Something that I’ve thought about lately is their commercials, they’re nothing horrendous but they’re not anything special either. It’s just videos of the Comet (which everybody knows about), and usually the new ride (Bucket Blasters isn’t gonna get anyone in the park). If they invested a little into it they could get some good commercials, and get them on WNYT or some local news. They could also do something like what Hershey does, and have people get discounts if they buy their tickets at a local store or something.
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

I've never actually seen a Commercial for TGE. even while staying in Southern VT which is not all that far way.

as for commercials

I made this one for Pandemonium.
  9. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

That’s pretty good, anything beats the one right now tbh.
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

I'm still learning the program. Really should use it more and really get good at it.

Anyways back to TGE. Like I was pointing out they should advertise further out. Hell I heard an LC commercials once in a supermarket in Milford NH. over 2 hours away from the park. They have started advertising in the Boston area which also means they are broadcast into Southern NH. but are they avoiding this to not take attention away from SFNE.
  11. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

They could advertise it in the New England area and say how your SFNE gold pass gets you into Great Escape free.
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

Not a bad idea.
  13. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I was just looking on the SF app for Great Escape, and every ride is “open” (not listed otherwise) except for Bobsled which already says it’s closed.

Is this meaning it’ll be closed opening day, is it saying they’re gonna remove it finally or am I overthinking this??
  14. mrceagle

mrceagle

It means a whole lot of nothing. Seems no one adjusted the database.
  15. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I was using the website help thing where you can talk to someone to ask about passes, but I asked about HiTP just out of curiousity, and she said it’s up in the air right now!!
    • Informative Informative x 1