1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday In The Park

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by thrillsnewengland, Mar 29, 2017.

1. mrceagle

mrceagle

Like any attraction at any park There is a bit of a drop in a peal after the premier year. This combined with competition Southwick added a lights festival this year.
  2. depotrat

depotrat

We went last night for the Ice Fest event. I give them credit for trying but it wasn't up to my expectations. The ice sculptures were smaller than I expected and scattered around. They were OK but not impressive. The ice bar was their usual bar with an ice sculpture in front and a ice table to mix high priced drinks. No ice furniture. The ice skating was a joke. The ice surface was some sort of plastic with some frost on it. I saw people that clearly knew how to skate struggling to move hardly at all and gliding was impossible. If I had paid $12 for 30 min I would have been pissed. The crowd was moderate but considering it was bring a friend free night it was less than I expected. It was 30 degrees so chilly. No line for Batman at all and we rode once.

All in all a bit disappointing, but maybe I was just in a foul mood after the Pats threw away that game!!
  3. Wickedjohnny24

Wickedjohnny24

Went to icefest yesterday park was not that bad but again it was cold out. Loved the ice scuptures hated the fake ice rink crap. How can anyone skate on foam. But had a good time coasters were still going good, but didn’t ride them due to having to many layers on. Harly was fun in the cold tho lol. Frost was not to bad this year but it did get alittle depleted im my opinion. But all in all will rate icefest 8/10 they do need to do this event more with holiday in the park. Side note didnsee dr giggles/ josh there we both heard the same from gp saying they came mostly for icefest so the park needs to take note of that.
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

Thanks for the reports. We thought about going but opted to not make the 2 hours drive. with some questionable weather possible late at night it was not a good idea to make the trip.

I have seen a few artificial skating services and have never seen one that seemed frosty or foamy. Sounds like they added something on top of the base but that, like noticed, would add friction and make ti hard to operate as intended.

Price is OK, but I can skate indoors on ice for 9-10 dollars with rental for a hour. not to mention the local rinks that are everywhere this time of year for free. though weather hasn't been good for setting up ice rinks.
  5. CanobieCoaster

CanobieCoaster

I ended up driving the extra few hours to Great Adventure since they were still running Nitro with temps in the mid-20s. I definitely plan on visiting SFNE on a day when it's above freezing though.
  6. chadwick1977

chadwick1977

Is the park going to try fireworks this year??
  7. depotrat

depotrat

I am not finding any mention of New Years Eve fireworks on the SFNE website but they are on the SFGADV site so I would guess no for us.
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

Santa's Village has fireworks for their New Years celebration but I thin the event is sold out already.
  9. chadwick1977

chadwick1977

That stinks, last year we were supposed to but the weather went went frigid, so it was done. Would be nice if they did.
  10. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

We realsed a new VLOG on ICE Fest today!

I honestly enjoyed Ice Fest! It was probably the busiest I’ve seen Holiday in The Park. The ICE Rink I feel is a waste, ICE BAR was neat. The Ice sculptures were cool, small , yes but still cool! The atmosphere just felt awesome to me! Maybe I’m drinking the Kool Aid, but I had a blast !

• Like Like x 2
  11. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

The weather looks good for Friday and Saturday night, and a reminder that every sunday is bring a friend free. :)
    • Like Like x 4
  12. koasterkid

koasterkid

This is a new low for SF merch.
    C5B17C2D-AB9B-409B-B152-66F1A311FBD5.jpeg
    • Like Like x 4
  13. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

The image is a pinata, but I can see the undertone...
  14. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

Still think the poop hats are worse. I had seen these shirts at TGE earlier this year.
  15. depotrat

depotrat

No Holiday in the Park tonight - bad weather.