1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Lake Compounce discussion thread

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Oct 13, 2010.

1. canobie#1

canobie#1

Damn no flyers? That’s a big loss.
    Those things have been amazing the last two seasons! So much snapping!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. depotrat

depotrat

^I cannot think of any reason for that. The work to be done in the station by the ops is exactly the same for one train or two. It will be about 90 seconds more often but that is not cruel or unusual punishment! LOL
  3. tge98

tge98

I'm not sure how many people LC usually staffs for BD but I'm assuming with one train they run with 2 people and with 2 trains they run with 3 people. Can someone verify this for me? I know from experience that for any ride with multiple trains there is required to be someone standing at the control panel with access to an estop at all times while there is a train outside of the station.

So a lot of times running with one train means they can free up the main operator to check restraints meaning it does require one less person to operate. Again if LC has a dedicated operator for one train operation that is different.
  4. depotrat

depotrat

BD board op never checks restraints. There are always at least 3 there.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

I get your position. I know the bumper cars can be a pain. santa's Village e has to send a team in every so often to dry the floor do to the condensation. but the swings, Revolution, Ghost hunt, wipe out should be running.
  6. ctcoastin

ctcoastin

The one I'm curious about is why they can't ever run 2 arms on Thunder & Lightning?
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

On my trios which were Wednesdays and Thursdays it was never a long enough line to use more then one.
  8. msullivan1

msullivan1 Leader

34A319BD-BE1A-4B57-AB46-80AD664DA3C9.png
    Interesting...
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    37BFB070-6EC3-4351-BB15-A7D566E4694D.png
    Literally as soon as I posted that, I got this email notification. Interesting to see the passes go this route...
  9. mrceagle

mrceagle

More parks. if they include Story land and Water Country I'll likely get one.
  10. depotrat

depotrat

The gold silver bronze is MUCH easier to understand. Who knows if Platinum or Diamond was higher before. LOL
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

12. msullivan1

msullivan1 Leader

Update: Flyers are now on the Holiday Lights ride list. Still no bumper cars.
  13. Lifthill

Lifthill

Just a little Holiday Lights update. LC is putting up their main Christmas tree and it has a bright blue star on top this year. It looks really nice. Last year it was red if I recall.
  14. mrceagle

mrceagle

I think a blue star would look better then a red one.
  15. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I was at the park on saturday night for holiday lights, pretty much the same as every year. I do think that the lakes big xmas tree is the nicest tree i've seen, but the event is mostly for the kids at the lake, unlike sfne which has alot of stuff for adults.