1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Lake Compounce discussion thread

Discussion in 'New England Parks Discussion' started by BizarroAj, Oct 13, 2010.

1. mrceagle

mrceagle

They are not getting any new additions this year. more capital improvements and both coaster are getting more work. Closest thing to an addition is the horseshoe pits and volley ball courts going into the campground.
    The water coaster rumor keeps coming up because it was in the design for the water park expansion. but that was before water coaster proved to be nightmares and not that popular. the design also called for a back to back double wave pool. We also have the abandoned spinning coaster on the mountain side.

A condor would be fun but I think it's very unlikely they will get anything that requires that much land.
    I agree. I think this is partially do to the amount of money being spent company wide. Steel curtain is a big project as is the Aquarium at Story land. but LC has seen a hell of a lot more investment then Water Country.
    All the work has made it a very comfortable coaster. no wood coaster will ever be 100% smooth.
  2. xsarabella

xsarabella

Drove by the park tonight just before it got dark. Couldn’t really see much of anything going on, but the gates were opened to drive right into the maintenance access across from employee parking lol.

Still nice to see some rollies!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. depotrat

depotrat

We stopped by a couple of weeks ago to process our 2019 season passes. There isn't much to see as there won't be a new attraction this year. They are fixing water flow in the water park, new wood on BD and a bit on Wildcat. Plus the usual off season stuff. The management group spent all their big money on Steel Curtain at Kennywood this year.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

I think next year , they will finally get some type of attraction! I’m leaning towards something for the water park
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

Would be a good move. SFNE, Quassy, Canobie, Santa's Village have all added water park additions since LC last addition

On a side not. reps for teh camground were at the NH camper show this last weekend. the Volley ball courts and horse shoe pits will be added where the Tepees are now and the tepees will be relocated.
  6. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

I'm glad to see Lake Compounce adding camping area stuff, its a smart move for them! Plus is added revenue for the park!
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

Thinking of that though I never asked if they are renting out the pits or no. I have seen it handled both ways. but more entertainment in the campground is a good thing.
  8. Lifthill

Lifthill

^
    Thanks for the update on LC’s Campground additions. One of the suggestions I’ve heard from park guests staying at the campground is a wish for water related activities. I’ve heard talk on and off about adding a swimming pool over there. Any feelings about this?

I think a pool would enhance the campground, but I’m afraid it would take campers away from the water park. Who needs to go to the water park after you’ve been swimming all day at the campground. Plus the cost of installation and operation would take away from potential additions to the main park. I would favor more limited water activities like small slides and spray fountains. What do you feel?
  9. mrceagle

mrceagle

Pretty much every campground I have ever stayed at had either a pool, pond, or river that you could swim in. Hell Gunstock in NH had a above ground pool like you would add in your back yard. There are competing campgrounds and they have pools. So it would be in there best interest to install one.

It won't take way too much. It would not take much of an investment. campgrounds normally have standard in-ground swimming pools. so a 35,000 investment. Will it compete not really. Look at Disney they have pool at every resort including Fork Wilderness campground and many have water slides bot that doesn't stop people from using the 2 water parks. I don't see anyone going to bearcreek simply to go to bearcreek. It's a fun an convenient way to visit LC. If your visiting regionally there are actually better options. So chance are the people will be going into LC.