1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Opening Day 4/6/2019

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Meetups' started by xsarabella, Feb 24, 2019.

1. mrceagle

mrceagle

Passes are bought so Good to go. already loaded mine onto the app.
  2. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

I might need to push my visit back to Sunday, I'll know more on Friday...
  3. waydana70

waydana70

I will be there tomorrow morning at 10am.:);)
  4. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

Vehicle needs some fixing and preferred parking for Sunday is already full, so it looks like my first 2019 visit won’t be until next weekend...
  5. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

I’ll be there tomorrow! Well technically today.
  6. Puggles

Puggles

Thoughts on opening day so far...Superman operations are amazing. Been on 26 times since 3PM. Wicked Cyclone operations are horrendous. I had 2 skip the line passes and it still took 36 minutes to ride twice. I haven’t tried to go on anything else lol
    • Like Like x 1
  7. dschu

dschu

Glad to hear you thought the Superman operations were good! I was operating from about 3-7! I’ll be sure to let my coworkers know we got a “job we’ll done”!
    • Like Like x 2
  8. waydana70

waydana70

Definitely agree with the ride Ops on Superman today, very impressed. Waited 40 min. in WC, they were still testing it but took 25 minutes to get 1 ride in. Harley Quinn: All I can say is- AWESOME. GREAT first day at SFNE .
  9. Puggles

Puggles

Please do! Possibly the best I’ve seen...especially for opening day. Great job!

Almost got 30 rides in from 3-8 and that was taking my time. Someone threw up all over the blue train around 740 so I left and went to Harley Quinn. Still love that ride.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  10. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I was on the first red train out and I was sitting in the car behind the audio box. I rode both trains and it was running great even in the cold temps in the morning. I was in line for wc for about 15mins when the ride went down so i left and went to flashpass to get my 2 exit passes. I made my way down to HQ and after waiting for 2 cycles the ride broke down. I went over to ride riddler but that was closed for repairs. I was there for 4hrs and only rode superman twice, wc once after it reopened at around 1:15. I also got 1 ride on batman. I bought a nice sweat jacket for 15bucks with my membership discount which is really nice but I'm guessing they probably sold out of them. I lnow josh bought one too as i let him know about them when i saw them.
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

Superman did have a great staff and was one of the few rides with a fast turn around.

My PTR from opening day. Written during the day and finished today.
  12. depotrat

depotrat

Read your report. The preparedness is disappointing but not surprising. It is the same pretty much every year and it doesn't matter if opening is April 6 or April 13. Too much of the training is on the job training. It isn't time it is $. Things will get better over the next few weeks just like always.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mrceagle

mrceagle

I know. That statement was a bit more geared towards the maintenance issues. So many rides down, going down, or just running poorly. Likely won't be visiting again for at least a couple more weeks so I'm sure things will be better.

Thanks for reading. I think it worked out well being able to write bits and add images as I go through my day. Have plenty more and took a lot of video and will see what I can do with it.
  14. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

^well in defense of the maintenance team we had crappy weather on friday with snow, sleet, rain and the cold temps didn't help either. Riddler and goliath were the only 2 rides listed as closed at the park entrance. I actually thought yesterday was a good first day except for the usual slow ops.
  15. waydana70

waydana70

Yes agreed. The ride Ops were slow, but for some reason I didn't mind at all. I understand the first day is always going to have issues. But I think that over time and MORE training, the ride Ops will be more efficient and park Operations should improve as well. Yesterday was a great way to start off the season. Great day was had!!!
    • Like Like x 1