1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Park Needs/Wants

Discussion in 'Great Escape Chatter' started by MetsFan, May 20, 2014.

1. tge98

tge98

The 3rd train would most likely require the block brake section at the top of lift 2 to return. That'll never happen as the brakes aren't even on the track up there anymore. As far as the 2nd, I really don't see physically why they couldn't. to run two trains you need 3 blocks (usually station, lift, back brakes.) blaster more than covers that with station, transfer , 2 lifts, back brakes. I really think it is just a computer modification which would in theory be relatively cheap.

I don't think we will see a 2nd train unless SF closes one of the other arrow mine trains and ships us one of those trains.
  2. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Yeah it would be a seemingly simple fix but not one I’d expect. Where is the transfer track?
  3. tge98

tge98

It's on the straight away after you leave the station. I think the transfer still works because one day last year I saw it out there and it looked like they were inspecting the train when it was on the transfer
  4. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

I don’t think they ever actually ran 3 at Opryland- I think the 3rd was just a spare they rotated
  5. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Yeah it’s not that large of a coaster and definitely doesn’t need 3 trains at all.
  6. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

There’s been an urban legend about the coaster they it was longer and they shortened a portion of the ride to fit into Great Escape, but from the pictures I’ve seen and the (poor) aerial images that exist, the only thing different seems to be the transfer track, and the sections they discarded and replaced with the same profile when the ride was relocated. So yeah, no need for 3 trains.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  7. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Anyway, what do you guys think about something like this?

8. mrceagle

mrceagle

Looks like it could be fun.

To catch up a bit. CB could Run 2 trains but not 3. But rarely do the lines get long enough to need a second train
  9. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Yeah I know it’s an older model but it looks super fun especially running at it’s fastest.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

What about a bigger model SBF spinner? That would be super cool here.
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

There depends you have the figure 8 and a half and the new Model that looks a little dull. I don;t know how any parks have the new large model I know they were installing one but I can't remember where. There is a Figure 8 and a half at Santa's village so that falls in your 3 hours window argument about the Sky Rocket II.

They are fun rides but way over installed. While there are fewer larger models they have those things everywhere. New England area has 3 SBF spinning coasters in operation.
  12. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I think it’d be cool, and with the argument about Sky Rocket II’s, you’re 100% right but I meant that more as big coasters. I personally don’t consider this a coaster and consider it more of a flat. But if they’re installed that much it might not be the best idea.
  13. mrceagle

mrceagle

Six Flags market s flat that loops around as a coaster. you know full well they will market a coaster as a coaster no mater how small.
  14. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

If we’re being honest I’d much rather prefer a Gerstlauer spinner but we know that’s not gonna happen ever.
  15. tge98

tge98

I wouldn't say it's out of the question. I doubt we'd ever see a new one built based on the gerstlauer/ six flags issues but I could see a very real possibility of one of the several that six flags owns get relocated here. I think they would be a perfect fit for TGE if they were ever to relocate one.