1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Park Needs/Wants

Discussion in 'Great Escape Chatter' started by MetsFan, May 20, 2014.

1. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I want one really bad, the park needs some new life breathed into it.
  2. tge98

tge98

GCG would fit nicely in Nightmare. It almost makes too much sense
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

out of your list I think these would be the most likely

s&s family invert
    gg family coaster
    mack spinner

The Gravity Group Family coaster would be my first pick since I was going to post the idea. also
  4. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I do think of those three that is the last one we need. We already have a phenomenal woodie.. not that we shouldn’t get it, we should just get other things first.
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    What about an Intamin Surfrider?
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

That's barely a coaster.

I get your point about why have a second wood coaster but a Family would with a custom design would be better then the Off the shelf Steels they are most likely to get.

For me I'm looking at what would make me most want to drive the 3.5 hours back to the park.
  6. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I still think a non-woodie is best, but I get your point. I still think a unique ride is the best thing Six Flags can do for Great Escape (hence the reason I’m infuriated that Cyborg is going to New England, and why I’m against them getting Flying Scooters).

I don’t know why I’m on this fix, but I picture an S&S Freefly in Bobsled’s spot and I love it. Even something like a Eurofighter would be really good, but with Tantrum being relatively close I don’t know if that’s the go to. I’m fully supportive of a Mack Powersplash or one of their bobsleds.

Some unique flats would be great too, and we’ve seen that with stuff like Extreme Supernova and Pandemonium (back before it was going to New England *cough*). If Great Escape added something like an Aviator or a Unicoaster they would be super popular. A dark ride would work wonders at this park, and I’d imagine it’d be the longest line in the park. Even if they are “coasters”, I still think the Intamin Surfriders, SBF Spinners and Skywarps are flats, but each one of them would find a great home at Great Escape. :)
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

I dark ride Would be a very good addition. Since they would have to build a building it would give them some leeway as far a location.

I don't see then getting a free fly. why the coaster looks cool I don't see SFI experimenting with a new coaster concept at their lowest performing park. I have wanted to see a Euro fighter but it would need to be a custom layout. but I think the marketability of the Euro fighter would be about the same of a custom family woodie.

I'm not talking about a kiddie coaster but a true family coaster. Look at Roar-A-Sourus at Story Land or Wooden warrior at Quassy. 45Ft drops on both of them.

either option would be a good replacement for Bobsled but I would say the Euro fighter would be a better replacement for Demon.
  8. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I think a GTX Hyper is best for Steamin Demon’s pad. It’ll attract people and look cool. (Side note: I don’t think Steamin’ Demon’s location is as important as people say it is, I agree something needs to go there but most people who go to the park know they’re going there, people don’t drive past and look at Demon and then decide to go). A Eurofighter would be awesome and help me get over my fear of 90 degree lifts, or if they just wanna do a launch and spare me the terror that’s fine too.

I say down the road when CB is finally removed, a GG family coaster would be really good in that spot. It won’t take up too much space and it would leave room for other rides.

I think the best spot right now for something is Storytown, coaster/flat/anything. There’s now 1 ride in Storytown and it looks kinda dull. They could take out Jolly Tree (bring back the dive show to make up for the lack of that theater!!) and the freestyle building and put something there. The freestyle drink machines can go next to Blizzard in that little area and be themed nicely, and that area can be utilized. Even if they wanna put indoor Tea Cups or something in that building, Storytown needs something to do, because a carousel and mediocre stunt show aren’t doing it for me.
  9. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

You do realize that the "Storytown" area is not just the Carousel and stunt show area but includes the entire area where the castle, pink whale, carousel, etc. is, and the area where the train, Thunder Alley, Swan Boats, Boomerang is, right?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

The Thunder Alley area is now considered “Hot Rod USA.” And yeah I understand that whole area isn’t Storytown, but I’m talking in terms of major attractions. The pink whale and the buildings are really cool additions, but they aren’t super popular. I very seldom see a kid in either of them, and I often see older guests looking around more often than any kids do. I’m just saying it needs a ride or a better show to get the masses interested in it.
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

You beat me to it yes Story town has a lot of rides. I know the Hot rob USA but that less of a themed area then SFNE's Gotham is.

TGE is not a big park no is it a thrill park so for its scale Breezed Lightning is a big ride. Not to mention Sasquatch wish is one of the tallest rides in New York.

Now I can agree the center of the park and forest side of Story town is a bit sparse. I was trying to remember how much taller that area is form the back stage. The Old petting zoo could work for dark ride if they can expend the building over the back stage area but I'm not sure if its high enough over that backstage.
  12. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I think that area would be cool for a Mack spinner or an S&S Invert going through the woods. They could theme it to a magic forest.
  13. Mwbugsy

Mwbugsy

Sadly, I don’t think the dive show will ever come back. They filled in the pool area with concrete, so it seems they have no intention of bringing it back. I don’t think we will ever see a huge investment on a new coaster as long as six flags owns that park. It’s clearly marketed towards families, with low end thrill rides. I agree that they need a dark ride though. Tornado was a great dark ride, but years ago someone fell out and got dragged and died. A few years later it was removed to make room for Canyon Blaster.
  14. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

One in Nightmare would be cool, but even somewhere back by the Comet (if they leveled that land to the left of Supernova) would be nice. It could be interactive and space themed.
  15. mrceagle

mrceagle

The forest. That would require the removal of the mini houses, Old Lady's Shoe, that hill, the sky ride, and possibly the Cinderella ride . That would be a tough sell. There is really no forest on the Petting zoo side.
    I have to agree with you. That fact has been obvious for a while .

I'm very glad I got an opportunity to ride Tornado. It was towards the end and a bit run down but such a unique and fun dark ride.
    The nightmare building could work.

Level what area the front of the water park is not all that big not for a proper dark ride. Not unless they get a multi story model intended for a carnival. Now to the right there is a hill side but leveling that would be costly. then in the front side of that plaza is a snack stand and a few older slides.