1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

PPP 2015 plans?

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Meetups' started by Mikeokay, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Mikeokay

Mikeokay

It's been a while since I've made an actual trip out of PPP so I feel overdue. Most of the times I've made it up there lately I've driven up on Saturday afternoon and made a midnight drive back home after the bonfire.

But this year I've convinced Melissa to make a weekend out of it! We're planning to hit the road after work on Friday to hit great adventure til closing. I've done gadv the night before PPP a few times before, and historically the park has been empty. One year I got to marathon the chiller for an hour without getting up! (Lap bars with the inline still in place, man I loved that ride so much for those few years) Another year I marathoned el toro. But Melissa has never been there before so I'm excited to show her the place. Park is open til midnight.

Going to stay in the Jackson area that night and drive over to PPP from there (she's never been to knoebles either) try to spend some time at the fair before the event starts. Then spend night 2 in a hotel somewhere in pa, head home Sunday.

Anyone have recommendations on decent value hotels around gadv or ppp?

Anyone else planning to go this year?
  2. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

I'm planning to make my annual trek there, but I'll be arriving that morning and going to Dorney for Coaster Madness the day after, so after PPP I'll most likely be staying at the Super 8 in Allentown, just minutes away from Dorney, about an hour & change away from Knoebels.