1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

PTR 4.11.15 (Opening Day!)

Discussion in 'Trip Report Archive' started by DylanBIZARRO, Apr 12, 2015.

?

Do you like going on opening day?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

PTR 4.11.15

RIDES

Bizarro x3
    Buzzsaw x4
    Scream x4
    Mind Eraser x3
    Flashback x2
    Crime Wave x1
    Bench x3
    Goliath x0 :(

Time in Park

10:00AM - 9:00PM

Crowds
    Long lines, a bit crowded

PTR

I went to SFNE on opening day on April 11th. Everybody on this site including me has been waiting for this for so long, and it has finally come! It felt like a dream it was so awesome! First I had to go to the reprint center to get a new season pass ID because I lost mine during the off season because I remodeled my room (Which is very nice now by the way) and must have accidentally threw it somewhere or something. It was an easy process that only costed $20. Of course the first thing we headed for was Bizarro, and we got there and found out that Bizarro had not yet opened and there was a huge line that stretched quite a ways back. We went in and got milkshakes at Johnny Rocket’s for some reason and then went to Bizarro. The line was all the way to the second place under the roof near the tv that shows you on the camera.

IMG_2887.JPG
    My friend noticed that they put in a new TV in the station here. I think the other one was having issues probably because someone broke the screen. Or it could have been due to weathering.

IMG_2888.JPG
    :eek: LINES!:eek:

We sat in the second seat from the front. It was AMAZING! First ride is always the best ride! The audio on the trains worked ok. It cut off in the middle of the ride randomly and came back on, then started to glitch really bad, but it was ok on the lift hill at least, which is where it builds anticipation, and they should just put the speakers on the lift hill and brake run. Oh, and they were only running one train. :mad: Anyways, after that the line was now all the way backed up so we just went to the South end to check things out. We went to mind eraser which is a good ride in my opinion, and it had a station wait. We waited and waited and then the line started to build up and then found out that the ride was broken.

IMG_2891.JPG
    People on the ride waiting for it to start.

IMG_2890.JPG
    Amazing view of Bizarro which is a reason why some people ride Mind Eraser.

They said maintenance had to reset the ride so we decided to just go to Batman and come back later on. Batman was good and they have painted text on the station floor right next to the gates saying not to put loose articles there. We then went back and rode Mind Eraser. It was great as usual (To me). Then we headed down to the North End to eat at the RiverBoat Café.

IMG_2892.JPG
    Part of the theme for Wild Wheelz. Personally I prefer Route 66 but I understand that they want to theme it to match that area of the park, but why is there a statue of a cat putting its butt in the air? o_O

IMG_2897.JPG
    They actually did a nice job with the theme for this ride.

We got the chicken strips that we wanted and then went to pay with our dining passes, but of course something bad has to happen to us when we go to SFNE! The dining passes didn’t work! Every time we go to SFNE, something bad happens. Friends glasses get lost, loose my phone (But got it returned), loose the flash pass, and much more. But anyway, it turns out the passes were only registered for the end of last season and end of this season, and not the days in between, how odd. After they fixed it at guest relations, we ate at the taco place instead, and then went to check out North End. We headed right to WiCy and then checked out the construction.

IMG_2903.JPG IMG_2905.JPG IMG_2902.JPG IMG_2900.JPG IMG_2901.JPG
    Pictures of the beast.

After looking at that we decided to go on Flashback. Personally I love Flashback. Why? Because it is mean. It feels so rough that it is like a rocket and feels good to me. My friend hated it. :D After that we rode scream a few times and then rode Bizarro again. We waited the hour because it was worth it.

IMG_2911.JPG
    The Dummy house!
    IMG_2909.JPG
    It was packed....:mad:

After going on Bizarro we ate at JB’s and got BBQ tenders. We also tried going in the hurricane simulator. It wasn’t as good as the one at the Science museum in Boston or springfield (I forget which one) but fine either way. After eating we rode Scream, Bizarro, and went home. A good day overall, but I think the weather is nicer today (4.12.15). Oh, and an interesting observation is that NESS lights were glitching. The colours were kinda going everywhere. I took a video of it but I can’t post it here. Thanks for reading! Oh, and this is the first PTR done on my new Laptop I got during the offseason. It is a great laptop (The MacBook Air) and I highly recommend it for those considering a laptop.

IMG_2915.JPG
    ThunderBolt!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. RC17

RC17

I love that shot of Tbolt at the end.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DJReady999

DJReady999

Post the vid on youtube or something
  4. DylanBIZARRO

Thanks. I took it as I was exiting the park.
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    Yeah, I’m gonna do that. I’ll embed it in the PTR.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

As always, nice report. Where's the hurricane simulator?
  6. DylanBIZARRO

Ok, here is the video of NESS. I’m so sorry for the HORRENDOUS video quality and the fact that the video is poorly shot, I guess it was late. If you look closely you can see the colours on the ride kind of flicker at the top. I am pretty sure it transitioned smooth last year and didn’t do that.

Thanks! I believe it was down in the DC comics area right next to the building for Johnny Rockets near Jokers Wildcard. I think it replaced Stacker.
  7. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Awesome report and nice pics. The park put xmas lights strung above from poles, and heres a pic tweeted by coaster crew.

[​IMG]
  8. DylanBIZARRO

Thanks! That looks really cool! Can't wait to see it when I go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.