1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Six Flags 2017

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by MetsFan, Aug 13, 2016.

1. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

I figured a thread where all of the parks can be talked about would be worthwhile- just like last year.

New England-4D
    Magic Mountain- Justice League?
    Great America
    Great Adventure
    - Justice League
    Mexico
    La Ronde
    Over Texas
    Fiesta Texas
    Great Escape
    Discovery Kingdom
    America
    Over Georgia
    - Justice League
    St. Louis- Zamperla Disko

There's got to be another coaster or 2 out there for next year...just a matter of who will get them?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

Wow 3 justice league rides in one year, does this mean we get one for 2018? :)
  3. DJReady999

DJReady999

La ronde or America are going to get a new coaster #Bold Predication
  4. ec_coasters

ec_coasters

Those Justice Leagues aren't cheap so at most I think we will see 1 more coaster
  5. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

I'd say Discovery Kingom and Mexico get disqualified from anything major with their recents additions, so that would leave Great America, Great Escape, America, Fiesta Texas, and La Ronde for a coaster.

I'd guess Great America would be toward the top of the list for a coaster, but I wouldn't count out Great Escape or America. Unlikely, but there's somewhat of a shot. I'd say La Ronde is probably bottom of the barrell. And from what I've read, that place is a disaster anyways so not that an addition there would even matter. And Fiesta Texas? I don't know enough about their attendance and Batman's impact to even make a prediction.
  6. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Great America: Free spin in a themed area with some newly themed flats.
    Six Flags America: one of the flats SFGAm is taking out.
  7. Absimilliard

Absimilliard

My one visit to SFNE this year was more of a disaster than anything I experienced at La Ronde in recent memory. By that account, SFNE should not get a coaster I guess? La Ronde last coaster was the transplanted in a hurry to cover a mandatory investment SLC from Great Escape back in 2010. La Ronde has Zamperla Tea Cups in storage, so maybe this will be the year it will reappear in the park? A rumor is that the Maison Rouge (Clown walkthrough that was the new for 2015 attraction) will leave and be rotated to another park. There is also the matter of the Go-Karts track near Vampire that was abandoned by its operator this year. This would be a great spot for a Freespin. There is also the perpetual question of when the poor Cobra (Intamin Stand-Up) will leave the park. So many questions and not even a single hint to go by. Plus, all permit filings are private for the park, so we can't rely on that.

Fiesta Texas has already teased about how the "view is great" from the top of the Quarry near Superman: Krypton Coaster. Possible coaster on the quarry walls?

Don't think Six Flags Mexico will get anything big this year. They just added the Justice League dark ride and are still coasting on the Medusa Attraccion de Acero conversion. Maybe new shows? or a Super Loop? Their large stunt arena in the middle of the park has seen a rotation of various shows going from Batman Begins to a great Western stunt show and now some BMX thing. Flat ride wise, it has the best collection in the chain with an awesome Vekoma Waikiki Wave Super Flip, Huss Flipper among others. Also, it is operated so well capacity wise it does not feel like a Six Flags park. Hitting interval and having to WAIT to dispatch the train in the station so the other can clear the double roll on a SLC? They do it!
  8. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see SFMx getting another big investment. They were seriously neglected with previous management and the park has a lot of potential.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mikeokay

Mikeokay

And based on my trip last month, SFM has a huge draw in Mexico City. Let's not forget that it's the most populous city in North America. Big addition to that park goes a long way.
  10. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

So the latest Screamscape update inclues "rumors" that for 2017, Mexico, Over Texas, and St. Louis are getting 4D Coasters, and America is getting an RMC'd Roar....Along with SFNE getting a 4D.....

I don't want to go as far as saying he's off his rocker but four 4D's and an RMC? Really? Who is sending this stuff in....
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

That's a lot to swallow for one year and that doesn't even figure in the rest of the chain.
  12. ec_coasters

ec_coasters

Not to mention the 3 dark rides that are expected
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

I believe St. Louis is getting that Disko anyways so there's one of the "rumors" squashed.
  14. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

I think only 2 parks are getting free fly coasters SFNE and either sfgram or SFOT. Another thing i thought about was what if sfne did what they did with ness and got it approved 2yrs in advance? That would mean free fly for 2018 and a flat package for 2017. :)
  15. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

It's either going to be an RMC, 4D free fly, Justice League dark rides, or super loops at all the parks :)