1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Superman: The Ride Virtual Reality Opening Day June 11

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Meetups' started by thrillsnewengland, May 7, 2016.

1. depotrat

depotrat

I hope you are right but at this point it is really hard to have any faith that SFNE cares enough to make it work for enthusiasts. I guess we will find out on June 11 but this really feels like WC last year. Hem-haw, dodge the questions and then BANG no choice of seats. Then comes off season 2016 and "we are trying to make it choice" and nothing. Just really has the same feel.
  2. dschu

dschu

I feel like people are over-reacting. Yes, this 100% sucks so much, but really, if seat selection is the worst thing about one of the best steel coasters, I think we can deal. I think we all forget about how lucky we are to have this coaster here. I'm really upset by it, but I'm not livid. I also don't agree that the park doesn't care what we think. I believe they absolutely do care. Some things we complain about don't have anything to do with the park. I highly doubt SFNE wanted to get VR on Superman. I think SFI wanted to be able to market it better, so they chose it. And I don't think we can blame them about the WC trains either, what if it's actually an RMC problem and the park is doing their best. And the Goliath train. It's bad, but if you spent an extreme amount of money on something, would you just dump it in the trash? No. There's a whole lot to complain about with this park, but I think is gotten a little out of hand.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. xsarabella

xsarabella

I know where you're coming from and I do absolutely agree with everything you said, especially about the park not wanting VR to begin with, but how they chose to handle it is how the customer sees that specific park and the management team.

I'm not mad. I'm sad. I'm sad because it's changed and what made it my favorite coaster over the other 125 that I have ridden is gone. I mean if you can still have the option to ride in the front half or back half of the train that would make it a little better. But being told where to ride on my favorite roller coaster makes me very sad.

At least with WiCy the precident had already been set. From the very beginning there wasn't a choice of seats and the station is very crammed. It worked when it was Cyclone but that's when it rarely ever had lines. So I get it. I understand the entire purpose of assigned seating and I understand the business decisions behind it. I just can't understand how this is acceptable on this ride. And what is worse is that Jen is the person who represents the park and it's not even a decision she had any part of. I really feel for her & the entire marketing/rides operation team.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

First 1,000 riders on Saturday and Sunday get a free cape! I really can't wait for this Saturday
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

That's awesome! I should be there! I got the free Wicked Cyclone shirt last year.
  6. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

Same! I wear it every time I go to the park. So if you see a kid in the morning Superman line with the shirt, it's me!
  7. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

So is anyone else going tomorrow or did you all go to Media Day :D
  8. DylanBIZARRO

DylanBIZARRO Forum Leader

I’ll be going tomorrow! Hopefully the free cape they give out is limited edition like the Wicked Cyclone shirt they gave out.
  9. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

That's what I'm hoping. Maybe a STR: VR cape. Also, the 12th is national Superman day but SFNE is celebrating all weekend with the capes and photo ops with Superman in front of the HOJ.
  10. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Forum Leader

I was there for media day, I'll be at LC tomorrow...
  11. xsarabella

xsarabella

@Bizarperman and I will be at Six Flags America tomorrow for VR on SROS. #Tbars
    • Like Like x 1
  12. depotrat

depotrat

^ Let us know how it was. We get nostalgic whenever we ride SROS there. For us tomorrow it will be a trip to SFGADV for Joker (El Toro and Nitro too) and then a few new to us small coasters in Freehold, Keansburg and Farmingdale NY on the way home. So no SFNE for a while now. But I will be interested to hear how VR goes with the GP.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  13. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

I'm in the way there now. Unfortunately, due to a wrong exit being taken, I'll get there at 10:30. I better get one of those capes :mad: