1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Escape 2020 Speculation

Discussion in 'Great Escape Chatter' started by CodyFitz, Feb 8, 2019.

?

What are we getting?

1. Coaster

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Flat Ride

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. Flat Ride Package

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Kiddie Ride

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Water Park Addition

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Dark Ride

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. New Shows

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nothing/Park Improvements

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. mrceagle

mrceagle

Well that's way beyond 2020. I'd have to thing about that. since they go back and for the I would suspect at least a couple water park additions in that time.
  2. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I’d say in the next 5 years we’ll see:

3 flats
    1 water ride
    1 coaster

It’s been almost 20 years and they’ve gotta do it sometime. Water park is pretty set for a while, and we’ll see flats because we always have.
  3. mrceagle

mrceagle

I Think I'll stick with my prediction

So were is a shot

20 - Flat ride. perhaps finely replacing the troublesome YoYo.
    21 - water park, a tower replacing the Kidopolas stage with 3-4 tub slides.
    22 - Coaster, medium sized. sadly I see a hand me down.
    23 - Water park, A kids slide packed near the play structure.
    24 - Flat ride. Something a bit more thrilling.

My wish list 5 year
    20 - A sim attraction replacing the closed petting zoo.
    21 - Coaster replacing Steam Non Demon (We need a couple years to see how bobsleds changes work out)
    22 - Kiddie slide package near play structure, rehabbed and upgrade to Alice walk through.
    23 - Story Town rehab 2 family rides. family tower (jack and the beanstalk) & House themed Zamperla Barnyard (Off to OZ)
    24 - Id the Bobsled rehab dosn't take its time to replace
  4. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I hope Flying Trapeze gets replaced, but if that’s our only addition I’m not gonna be happy.
  5. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

What’s going on with Six Flags Dubai? I read a theory on Reddit that said it’s not happening but SF already bought the coasters, so they’ll get shipped to the US. If that’s the case, I could see us getting the spinner or the powersplash.

Keep in mind I know little to nothing about this project, and if this is totally off I’m sorry, I’m just echoing what I saw elsewhere.
  6. tge98

tge98

Dubai got cancelled within the last few weeks. However, while it was going to have the six flags name it wasn't being built or operated by six flags. Six Flags was just licensing the name out. That being said I would assume the rides going to that park would not be coming to the US since they weren't purchased by Six Flags.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Bummer, it was a fun thought though.
  8. mrceagle

mrceagle

To bad about the rides would have been nice to have a paid for high end ride that needed a home.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

There was a rumor that the manufacturers were trying to pressure SF’s to buy them but that could very well be wishful thinking rumors.
  10. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

That would be awesome. Let’s just say that happens, Six Flags has literally no reason to not give us one right? If they don’t it’s because they have a grudge on the park at this point.
  11. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

^I don’t really think you can say that. If it were true it’s coming out of the standard budget and depending on cost anything of substantial size is probably going to one of the larger parks which could mean even smaller investments at the smaller ones. Again complete rumor as of now. I’d love to see TGE get a solid new coaster addition. Just seems like it’s an after thought for corporate on that front. I could see Darien Lake getting something before TGE.
  12. mrceagle

mrceagle

Thing is though I looked at the concept art and there wasn't much to go on. nothing that screams a need for TGE. I did see what looked like a break dance but Locally SFI has shied away form Huss.
  13. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Nothing there is spectacular, but they have a spinner and a powersplash that would work for TGE.
  14. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

I like the idea of GE getting another water ride at some point. Even something like Shipwreck Falls that was at SFNE. I know some parks try to shy away from them because of the costs associated, but Desperado and Raging River are big draws, as is the water park. Vacationers seem to love the water related stuff on those hot summer days.
  15. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I think a Chute the Shoot would be really good for TGE and get a lot more attention than it did at say SFNE. I think Bucket Blasters this year is gonna be a huge draw if both dry park and water park people can do it.

TGE is also one of the few parks I see a Splash Battle actually working at.