1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Nor’easter 2019

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by CodyFitz, Feb 17, 2019.

1. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Was anyone there? I know SFNE wasn’t in attendance but they sent a video, what was in it?
  2. mrceagle

mrceagle

Yes a Rep From TGE is there It's where i for the info about the Zoom jets being part of the water park.
  3. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Yeah I know but do you have any info on SFNE?
  4. mrceagle

mrceagle

Nothing really. They sent a video that apologized for not being able to make it and talked about Cyborg. It was that was interrupted by the virus that is at the story for Cyborg and the bideo got wonky and it showed clips of Cyborg. No one asked the rep form TGE about SFNE.

Seems that any events at SFNE are unlikely since there is no value in it for them and that they can't host a Nor Easter event because it counts as an operational day for them and they have none to spare.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  5. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

That sucks. Glad they sent a video at least.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mrceagle

mrceagle

To clarify my statement above. SFNE events would not be the traditional ERT etc. Events would be Park planed with more of a behind the curtain aspect such as the Fright Fest event. SFI wanted to be there and I'm confident hey would have if they didn't have a prior engagement with their Job fair.

This is simply economics and not any disrespect or disinterest in ACE or ACE New England
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  7. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

What they do not realize there is value if they put on a great event! I'm jsut not sure what the deal is with SFNE and ACE. IM wondering if something was said behind the scenes as to people do not want to pay for food since they have dining plans or do they jsut not want to host events? that's the real questions because honestly, I see some BS somewhere in this!

How can every other Six Flags parks see the value and host an event but SFNE doesnt? Is there an underlining beef between organizations?

These are answers we may never know, I'd love to know but something doesn't seem right!
    • Like Like x 2
  8. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Yeah something definitely doesn’t add up there, there has to be more too it.

Love The Grove Show by the way! Keep it up!
  9. RegRepNE

RegRepNE

The question: How can every other Six Flags parks see the value and host an event but SFNE doesn't?
    The answer: They bring in huge attendance numbers (200-300+)

In comparison - How many people attended the last ACE event at SFNE (ACE Behind The Scare)? Less than 90.

Six Flags New England still loves ACE and coaster enthusiast groups and sees the value in them. They would LOVE to host 200-300+ of them for an event.
  10. mrceagle

mrceagle

It's my understanding that its about the passes. with so many having Memberships or season passes along with the meal plans they cans setup the events like they did. While cares about a picnic if they get free food or X% 0ff food. I don't know how well the events in New England compares.
    Thank you for joining the conversation. As you can see there are general misconceptions on why this is happening. It's good to be able to get a better understanding on the events and what can get in the way of setting on up.

Less then 90 for the behind the scare. That event was restricted to ACE member only where as many of the events you say pull 200-300 in attendance allow 1-2 guests. if half those in attendance brought a guest you would have well over 100 in attendance. Did Riding the bull pull 200+ guests the first year?

What can we all do to bring more excitement to the region and its events?
  11. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

This is my take on this. When you look at it The park doesn't want to to do the big events due to attendance. So what we need to figure out why the attendance isn't that high, I mean we used to have tons of people go.

I go and support every event that I can in the region, free, events to pay for, etc. What do I want to know from people that do not attend events, why? Is it the cost?? Lack of things to do? Don't care about events? I think if we can figure that out then we could probably get more people to attend because I miss the old events and I enjoy the new events, I may be easy to please lol

Plus we can do this is a positive light and we can figure this out!

Last year with the Fright Fest event was pretty awesome, when I look back, I enjoyed the behind the scenes of the haunts, but everybody knows I love Haunts!!!

So my questions like above are, If you don't go to events in New England, what is the reason for not going?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RegRepNE

RegRepNE

So, you want to blame a low attendance figure because guests weren't permitted?

The last regional ACE event at SFNE where guests were permitted was Super Wicked Day At SFNE on 7/16/16. Attendance? Only 58 ACE members, who brought 18 guests, for a total of 76.

The last ACE event at SFNE where there were over 400 attendees? Coaster Con XXXVI, in 2013, and it included multiple meals and multi-night ERT.

There's a very valid reason why I cannot get SFNE to hold the kind of event those on this forum seem to want - - there's just not enough interest.

As for the first year figures for Riding of the Bull, I don't have those numbers (I don't organize that event). Having a location in a much more populated metropolitan region of the country probably did pull 200 ACE members and other coaster enthusiasts (I've sent a message to the NJ reps, asking for those numbers and will report back when I get a reply).
    • Like Like x 2
  13. mrceagle

mrceagle

I'm not blaming anything, simply theorizing. Basically saying it could be a contributing factor. The way you answered the questions I wasn't sure if you felt a 80 ember attendance was good a success or a failure.

The biggest metropolitan area is NYC Manhattan area. its 1 hours and 16 minutes form Great Adventure and only and extra hour from New England. That's what it takes me to get to the park. so its not out of their way. So why are they not attending? New England and Compounce should be easy events to get higher attendance if they are being marketed well by ACE in NY.

Have you considered setting up a survey to ask member what they are looking for and what they like and don't like at events. You can setup surveys on Survey monkey for free. Might help.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  14. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

I'm wondering why there isn't interest theortically by ACE Members to go to SFNE.

In my mind could it be lack of New Coasters warranting people to travel to New England? Bad experience at the park?

I'm throwing things that pop out in my mind, not factual just trying to see why people do not want to go to an SFNE Event.

Could it be SFNE Fatigue? I personally love the park and we all know I'm there a lot! I would go to an event every weekend if they held one! I love the park as I love other parks around the country that I have been to.

My personal feeling is if we want to be able to get to the point of holding a huge event someday like a riding of the bull, the locals need to come out and support the events we do have. It's honestly a two-way street! If you want the event, you have to support and go to the events that are scheduled! I know a lot of you do!

I've heard a bunch of BS, I've seen it as well, about people complaining about not wanting to pay for food and pay for things and just want their hands out! THough at the same time, a lot of people that complaining also attends other events in other regions that have meals included so not sure what gives!

Are people not going because of the meals? having memberships, passes etc? I think that is dumb because there is always the season pass discount. Those old days like Super Hero Celebration are never coming back, that was done at different times! Hell, I totally get sometimes you can't go to events because people can't afford them! I wish I could go to every single ACE event but I can't afford that, so I pick and choose my battles!

Heres hoping to more members stand up and start supporting as many New England Events as possible!

See everybody at the parks or on YOUTUBE :)
    • Like Like x 2
  15. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

As someone who is a Great Escape local and only go to SFNE once or twice a year, I can say sometimes the experience sucks.

Especially coming from such a small park with an overall friendly attendance to an overcrowded park with line cutters and people blowing smoke in your face in the non-smoking areas. There are times I go and I’m just sick of it, the rides are fun but the inbetween is hell.

I went twice this last season, got cut in every single line, saw people throwing food at the food stands, got smoke blown in my face and saw a father screaming and cussing at his probably 3-4 year old son for not wanting to go on a ride.

I love this park, but to go from TGE to SFNE is a tough leap sometimes. Great Escape doesn’t have the investment but the overall vibe around the park is 100x better than any other park I’ve been to, with the exception of Hershey.