1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Today I Got A Survey Suggesting New Logo

Discussion in 'SFNE Discussion' started by depotrat, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Pineracer

Pineracer

Darien Lake is using the logo used by the International Parks. I could see La Ronde putting their gate (and Great Escape the lodge) in place of the Six Flags symbol if they decide to roll it out chain-wide
  2. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Doubt it. Great Escape is the red headed step child of SF and they’re embarrassed to claim it.
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. CannonballLover

CannonballLover

I feel like this just isn’t true. I think Great Escape is a different type of overall park. When people (GP) think six flags they think of extreme rollercoasters and thrill rides. Great Escape is definitely a more family oriented park with its own unique character and rich history, so it honestly makes sense why it’s not “flagged”
    • Like Like x 2
  4. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I was mainly joking, but it does seem like SF doesn’t wanna put money in this park.

Do they absolutely need it to keep up attendance? No.

Would it be nice to get a coaster or even a bigger flat just for the simple fact we haven’t gotten a big ride in a long time? Absolutely.

Should it happen? Absolutely.
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

I won't say to much to keep this on topic. I think SFI sees TGE more like a water park. That's why we are seeing the branded water park name but not a full flagging. They can add small additions and see a steady attendance. The cheap investments and steady attendance means having the park makes it easy to use the funds towards bigger projects company wide.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Pineracer

Pineracer

7. mrceagle

mrceagle

Given their recent plans to buy more properties to complement their bigger properties I could see that.
  8. Dr. Gigglez

Dr. Gigglez Forum Leader

I can say as you I had felt that Great Escape was a red headed stepchild, but honestly after talking with management in the know, thats not the case. Here is the problem with Great Escape, Its a seasonal park in a tourist town, they have to put in attractions that fit that demographic and its history because they will never get their ROI " Return On investment" with huge rides! It takes them too long to recoup their investment so they stick to a price point they can recoup, Now could they get hand me down bigger rides that have been paid off? Sure! I think that is what will happen over time! Honestly though with this talk of a new logo and its a decent logo, im not sure why they would even want to change it, with brand recognition everybody knows Six Flags and their logo. I know companies change over time, but this is a significant change not a little tweak.
    • Like Like x 4