1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 Rides

Discussion in 'Great Escape Chatter' started by CodyFitz, Feb 17, 2019.

1. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

That plot of water is the ride’s resevoir and the ride couldn’t function without it. All rapid rides and flumes have some sort of resevoir whether it’s hidden from view or not. It serves a few purposes: it provides the water so that ride can run and it regulates it so that the ride’s water levels are correct and are not too high/low. You also need the water to be constantly running for the purpose of moving the rafts, but also you can’t leave stagnant water throughout the ride so the resevoir takes in and pumps water back into the ride so it’s constantly moving. Among other reasons, those are the main ones.
  2. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Does it have to be that big? Obviously that’s not gonna be like a future expansion area, but just curious.
  3. MetsFan

MetsFan Forum Leader

Yes lol. They are specifically designed to be a certain size/depth to provide the ride with the amount of water it needs to safely operate and it has much more in it than that. These rides use massive amounts of water.
  4. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Alright, I just didn’t know a ton about it and I was just curious.
  5. mrceagle

mrceagle

The answer is yes and no. The one at TGE is fairly shallow. so it need to be bigger to hold all the water. If it were a bit more deep it could be smaller.

Later Version and especially those designed by Hopkins worked the ponds into the rides area more naturally.
  6. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

I see. Regardless, I still think the ride needs work, and I’d be decently happy if they even did that as our new ride one year. Raging River is good but needs work, and Desperado has completely fell off. You go on that ride and you just go through a long strip of track with nothing to look at except TGE’s storage closet, not to mention the now motionless animatronics that have gone from a nice touch to downright terrifying. It’d be nice if they fixed at least one of them, and RR seems like a much easier option.

Not to mention ride experience but I’d like to see some theming too. If they added something to that little patch of grass in the line queue or something it’d be nice. Maybe a ship captain saying “turn back while you can” or something.

Down the road, they should axe CB and reroute DP through the left side of that pad, then back to the station. The current route sucks.
  7. mrceagle

mrceagle

at one time I had suggested in one of those if I ran the park things about upgrading the ride. Convert it to a through station style used by the Hopkins rapids rides and have the station in that lower area before the lift. The station would cut into at least a third of that straight away. The turntable could be one of 2 things a ride area or themeing. I suggested a whirlpool effect.

I had also suggested conecting the ride to National Park. I know its a kiddie land but its the most direct access to that ride.
  8. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

That’s true but it would cost them an absolute fortune to get that over the lake and into Timbertown.
  9. mrceagle

mrceagle

Just the river and train tracks. but yes all that would be upwards a million dollars.
  10. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Yeah as much as it’s a cool idea I’d rather see the money go elsewhere.
  11. mrceagle

mrceagle

Never said it was practical just a way to make the ride better with a real station and better queue.
  12. CodyFitz

CodyFitz

Oh absolutely. The queue sucks, and it doesn’t need to be that way. They can build an exit that doesn’t have to take up half the platform. It just looks awkward.