1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

WC Media day 2015

Discussion in 'Trip Report Archive' started by BizarroAj, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

First off i Would like to thank SFNE for inviting sfneonline and putting on an awesome event with a great coaster.
    The day started off leaving my house at 4:15am and got into the parking lot at 4:45. I met up with josh and zack and we headed into the park but we went through the shortcut to cac and through the maintence lot down the little road to get to WC. They were already letting people on the ride but i stayed with josh to do a couple interviews one with Pete Carmichael, and one with Jennifer Mantz. Now it was time for me to take my turn on this busting bronco and as i got into the station i caught up with Ed (deporat) and his daughter who were waiting for to take their ride on their 400th coaster. They ended up sitting in the front and i took the pics of them while holding up the #400 sign. I grabbed the 2nd row seat for my first ride and what can i say that hasn't been said already, the ride is as awesome as it looks. When we got back to the station we switched rows and i got a front seat ride, i managed to get 3 in the middle and 3 in the back no matter where you sit its awesome.

On one of my rides i sat with Alan Schilke and started talking about stuff for about 30 mins. here's some of the things we talked about. His favorite RMC is Goliath, but in all fairness he never got to ride steel medusa and WC is not broken in yet. We talked about upcoming projects and RMC is only doing one more coaster for SF for next year (you'll have to guess which park lol). He said he prefers to build coasters from the ground up rather than the rebuilds. We talked a little about TC which i posted in the sfmm thread. I also asked him if rmc would ever design trains for other coasters while telling him about the bizarro ones and intamin, but he said they don't want to be in the train buisness unless its for their coasters. I took a few pics and a couple videos one of which i posted in the wicked cyclone discussion thread of the queue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Opening Ceremony

Oh, at the end we got a small giftbag which contained an exit pass. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dschu

dschu

The backpack? My didn't have an exit pass. Great trip report and a great event!
    --- Double Post Merged ---
    I can't imagine he told you which park, did he? I'm guessing either SFOG or SFStL
  3. DJReady999

DJReady999

Where were the bags it seemed everyone had one but me
  4. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

No he didn't say which park, as i had asked him when rmc was going to start doing coasters for other parks as i suggested rmc contact cedar point about mean streak. lol
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteveSnowmn

SteveSnowmn

The blue bags were by the sign in table, must've only been the early morning riders that got an exit pass though (I assume)
  6. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

I didn't get one.
  7. SteveSnowmn

SteveSnowmn

Must've only been the super VIPs then I guess? Lol
  8. DJReady999

DJReady999

Thought those were VIP only.....
  9. dschu

dschu

My bag had a pencil, gum, and a pin. My guests actually had a pin missing or a pack of gum missing. Someone didn't double check what was put in each bag.
  10. SteveSnowmn

SteveSnowmn

I didn't get any gum either lol. The pin is awesome though.

@DJReady999 nah they were on the ACE sign in table, they were for everyone. Nobody handed me one though, I picked one up and asked the guy "do we all get these?" and he said yes.
  11. ScreamHD

ScreamHD

There were some bags by StormCenter too, a whole box of them. Whoever that blue t-shirt wearing group was, they had a DJ booth right next to Panda Express and gave out exit passes and pieces of Cyclone like at Nor' Easter
  12. SteveSnowmn

SteveSnowmn

Welp I missed all that lol. Were they for everyone?
  13. DJReady999

DJReady999

Crying rn
  14. ScreamHD

ScreamHD

Yes there was a sign on them that said "1 bag per media day guest"
  15. canobie#1

canobie#1

Only the ACE guests (who were with Rus) got exit passes.
    The regular guests got a bag but they did not get the pass. That's another advantage to ACE.

Fantastic event overall.
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.