1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Wicked Cyclone Discussion/Status

Discussion in 'Ride Discussion' started by BizarroAj, May 20, 2015.

1. xsarabella

xsarabella

Operations are so slow on WiCy, we were in line, one train and anywhere from 3-10 min dispatches. But choice of seats so can't complain.
  2. depotrat

depotrat

I get the slow ops with lots of new people. But only one train is not cool. STR and WC are the feature attractions at this park. Both should open on time and at full capacity. SFNE needs to make that a priority if they want to be perceived as customer focused.
  3. koasterkid

koasterkid

Ops were very slow and unmotivated on Cyclone today. I was lucky and got in line after a breakdown so I started the by the brake run and still had to wait 20-30 mins. No excuse for not having both trains running but I'm not sure the ops in the station would have been able to handle it without major stacking.

The ride ran good today, not media day but good. Not at full speed but it was pretty smooth and sounded normal.
  4. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

It's running both trains today.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. thrillsnewengland

thrillsnewengland

The Orange train was hauling, got 2 amazing rides on it
  6. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Both trains were! It was easily one of the best rides I've ever had on it.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

This coaster just keeps getting better and better. Has anyone noticed the sound the trains make when they exit the station? They make a thumping sound as they roll over the gap in the track that seperates the transfer track and it sounds like the beat from we will rock you by Queen. It's funny because everyone in the station was clapping their hands to the beat. They still need to give this coaster the proper ending, where you go through the vortex of a tornado!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jmariexo

Jmariexo

Last season when i went it always did that sound its awsome
  9. koasterkid

koasterkid

Pretty sure that sound comes from some metal plates that were added on each side of the track where the side wheels run. Not sure why they were added but I don't remember that noise on media day. I'm not a huge fan of the noise.
  10. Sluggo77

Sluggo77

I just love this coaster. Absolutely hauling through the entire course and no assigned seating. This season is starting off excellent.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. depotrat

depotrat

No assigned seating and the line is moving rapidly with seats going out full. It just proves our point that the assigned seating policy was always BS. Thankfully they have seen the light!! It is now a world class coaster AND HAS world class operations!
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

It was running absolutely phenomenal today. Best rides I've ever had on it. Only complaint is that in the back seat of the orange train there was a slight vibration in a few spots but the thing was absolutely hauling today. It's really starting to give Superman a run for its money as my favorite steel coaster.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. depotrat

depotrat

We rode both yesterday and for the first time I liked WC better. The WC ride was in the back and the STR ride was in the middle due to a time constraint so it was not a fair comparison but I never thought I would say that.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Chase Hathorne

Chase Hathorne

The middle on Superman is kind of lame except for the seat behind the audio box lol. But yeah both rides are running so well I can't really chose between the two. I think with both running at their best I'd take Superman in the second row over everything.
  15. tge98

tge98

I've known since my first ride that WiCy is better. Or at least for me personally
    • Like Like x 2