1. To fully experience SFNE Online, including full-resolution photos, please log in or consider joining our community!
    Dismiss Notice

Wicked Cyclone - New in 2015

Discussion in 'SFNE Future Discussion' started by koasterkid, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skiburkesurfjay

skiburkesurfjay

Two words.

Gringott's Escape.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. coasterchitchat

coasterchitchat

There really should be a video of Jen riding Wicked Cyclone since we all know from the chats she's kinda scared. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Imaginos64

Imaginos64

I waited over 2.5 hours for another RMC, Goliath, the week after it opened. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see WC with similar wait times this summer. There's so much hype surrounding this coaster and unfortunately RMCs don't have the best capacity.

I don't think Jen is gonna ride, lol. Didn't she say she won't ride coasters?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DJReady999

DJReady999

Longest ive waited 2 hours for bizaaro at night
  5. ScreamHD

ScreamHD

2 hours+ seems a little excessive if you think about it
  6. RC17

RC17

Definitely. Longest line ever heard of was 7hrs for Gringotts at USO but That was a hugely hyped ride at a really popular park.

Edit @skiburkesurfjay totally didn't see your post when I wrote this.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. tge98

tge98

Just a little update I was at the park today. I only saw it test once but I also wasn't really paying attention to it most of the day. When I first got to the park I saw the gears under the top of the lift moving so they probably did do quite a bit of testing. Anyways the test run I did see I watched from the steps in front of NESS. This coaster is gonna be amazing.

Anyways, the one thing I did see that was new was lights within the structure. I counted 5 or 6 new lights. 2 of them were within the wood of WC and the others were on the ground by Sky ways station. I couldn't tell if they were just white Spot lights or if they were RGB.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Imaginos64

Imaginos64

I wouldn't wait two hours for something at SFNE since its my home park and Ill be back soon but when I travel and a coaster I really wanna ride has a two hour wait all day then I suck it up and get in line. Besides Goliath I waited close to 2 hours last summer for Nitro and for a night ride on Millennium Force. On the other hand I said no to what would probably been a close to 3 hour wait for Kingda Ka.
  9. koasterkid

koasterkid

So jealous of those west coasters right now...

Looks like the TwiCol plaza is pretty insane, love the entrance sign and lighting. Hopefully SFNE can top it! :D
  10. Imaginos64

Imaginos64

I can't wait to see the finishing touches for Wicked Cyclone. Our theming is way better than TC's....love the station and all the crashed vehicles.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ScreamHD

ScreamHD

Where did you see this?
  12. mega_coaster_71

mega_coaster_71

One time i went and i had nothing better to do than stand in line because i went to Great Adventure three days in a row. So i decided to wait for kingda ka. with zumie running, a line out of the queue, and a few breakdowns in between, i waited close to 4 hours in the end for front row. It was ok because it really didnt matter, as it was the only ride i really wanted to ride that day.
  13. BizarroAj

BizarroAj Administrator

• Like Like x 1
  14. depotrat

depotrat

Back in the opening year we waited 4 hours for Kingda Ka. It should have been about 1.5 but all the breakdowns added. Once you have already been there that long you hate to bail,. A few years ago during Halloween event we waited 3 hours for MF at CP. There were no breakdowns just a totally oversold park. We were there from opening to closing and got on 4 coasters and their sky swing. Worst day ever at a park.

I can see people waiting 3+ hours for WC. The hype is going to bring many first time non SP people to the park, so they will have to wait and those folks will make the line gigantic. We will get some rides on media day and that may be it for a while unless we are there for early admission.
  15. WiCy#1

WiCy#1 Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.